4k monitor, which would you go for?

scarpa1

Enthusiast
So I have been looking for a new monitor since I got my PC back in November from PCS.

It has a 3080 strix, 5900x and I'm wanting a 4k panel.

I've waited this long as I also have a PS5 and wanted a panel with 2.1 hdmi connections and now a few are in the pipeline that catch my eye.

I currently use an old 4k monitor just for internet stuff etc, for gaming depending on the game I use my LG oled 55CX which has all the stuff I would like the new monitor to have, just its too big for everyday use.

I have thought about the new LG C1 48inch model or the 48 inch older CX TV's but still they might be too big though I do sit a decent way from the screen, up to 4ft as I built a pull out section on my set up

So after searching a bit I have found two models which pretty much have the same specs so was wanting an opinion from others as which may be the best.

One is out soon apparently, the other I'm not sure on. Links below.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...c-led-backlit-widescreen-gamin-mo-00l-gi.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...escreen-led-backlit-gaming-mon-mo-0be-as.html

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I have been looking for a new monitor since I got my PC back in November from PCS.

It has a 3080 strix, 5900x and I'm wanting a 4k panel.

I've waited this long as I also have a PS5 and wanted a panel with 2.1 hdmi connections and now a few are in the pipeline that catch my eye.

I currently use an old 4k monitor just for internet stuff etc, for gaming depending on the game I use my LG oled 55CX which has all the stuff I would like the new monitor to have, just its too big for everyday use.

I have thought about the new LG C1 48inch model or the 48 inch older CX but still they might be too big though I do sit a decent way from the screen, up to 4ft as I built a pull out section on my set up.

So after searching a bit I have found two models which pretty much have the same specs so was wanting an opinion from others as which may be the best.

One is out soon apparently, the other I'm not sure on. Links below.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...c-led-backlit-widescreen-gamin-mo-00l-gi.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...escreen-led-backlit-gaming-mon-mo-0be-as.html
Ooooof, both extremely nice monitors.

These Gigabyte offerings have been very well received, I still think the Asus would probably be a better panel, but £400 worth better? I don't believe it would be remarkably different. I think most of that is going to brand rather than included tech.

On paper they are very similar. Looks like the gigabyte isn't available until the 15th of this month.

If it were me, I'd wait for the Gigabyte.

Last edited:

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Ooooof, both extremely nice monitors.

These Gigabyte offerings have been very well received, I still think the Asus would probably be a better panel, but £400 worth better? I don't believe it would be remarkably different.

On paper they are very similar. Looks like the gigabyte isn't available until the 15th of this month.

If it were me, I'd wait for the Gigabyte, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. Where I'm sure the Asus may be a better panel, is it £400 better? I'd guess not, I think most of that is going to brand rather than included tech.
Yes the price is a big difference and like you say both look very similar.

Are there any other ones coming soon around the same price range with 2.1 hdmi and 4k, that you would recommend?

38 inch and above size wise.

I'm a big LG fan so that's why I'm considering the 48" C1 Tv but the size could be too big still and I have the 55 CX if I want to use that for any reason.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes the price is a big difference and like you say both look very similar.

Are there any other ones coming soon around the same price range with 2.1 hdmi and 4k, that you would recommend?

38 inch and above size wise.

I'm a big LG fan so that's why I'm considering the 48" C1 Tv but the size could be too big still and I have the 55 CX if I want to use that for any reason.
There's Acers version of the same thing:

Acer Predator CG437KP​

Seems Box have the best price on it at £1283:

Does appear it's only HDMI 2.0

bandypams

Hi Scarpa,
I can't speak for the Asus model, but I bought the FV43u a couple of weeks ago and have been using it pretty much every day since it arrived. It's a very nice monitor and I'm very pleased with the purchase.

I don't play anything too intensive in 4k yet (waiting on my PC from PCS for that) but for general desktop use it's amazing. I haven't got the new Xbox and Playstation but the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro hook up to it fine.

The only suggestion I'd make would be to buy a VOSA stand for it as the included legs aren't very flexible (I got a Desktop stand with tilt/swivel from Amazon for ~£40).

If you have anything specific I can try and answer as best I can.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Hi Scarpa,
I can't speak for the Asus model, but I bought the FV43u a couple of weeks ago and have been using it pretty much every day since it arrived. It's a very nice monitor and I'm very pleased with the purchase.

I don't play anything too intensive in 4k yet (waiting on my PC from PCS for that) but for general desktop use it's amazing. I haven't got the new Xbox and Playstation but the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro hook up to it fine.

The only suggestion I'd make would be to buy a VOSA stand for it as the included legs aren't very flexible (I got a Desktop stand with tilt/swivel from Amazon for ~£40).

If you have anything specific I can try and answer as best I can.
Cheers for the reply.
I'm still not decided on what I want, beginning to think as I already have the LG OLED CX which as all the specs a top monitor has would the FV43u be just too similar all be it a tad smaller.
If I want the big screen gaming experience then I can hook either the PC or PS5 to the TV.

Debating now if a ultra wide would give me a different gameplay experience.

If I do go with the FV43u I would wall mount it I think.