5 beeps and no display

Jake60538

Hi all, I was on my desktop earlier and wanted to install windows again. So I formatted my m.2 and installed windows on a usb.

Turned the pc off and went to turn it back on and boot from the usb. Upon doing so it beeped 5 times and now the display isn’t coming on at all.

Checked the ram took it out and back in. Tried to install a ssd with windows on still nothing. Hope someone can help me with

Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700 (2.9GHz) 16MB Cache
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
MotherboardGigabyte Z490 UD (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB Intel® H10 NVMe SSD + 32GB Intel® Optane™ (up to 2300MB/sR | 1300MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY

Jake60538

Having the same issue

Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700 (2.9GHz) 16MB Cache
down_right_arrow.gif
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB Intel® H10 NVMe SSD + 32GB Intel® Optane™ (up to 2300MB/sR | 1300MB/sW)
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, if you could post the full specs please from the order page? We need to see everything.

What were the beeps (long / short)?

Jake60538

Hi, if you could post the full specs please from the order page? We need to see everything.

What were the beeps (long / short)?
They are short fast bleeps

Case NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700 (2.9GHz) 16MB Cache
down_right_arrow.gif
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 100 RGB Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting50cm ARGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’d try connecting monitor to the motherboard hdmi port and try and boot using the CPU onboard graphics rather than the 2060. The 2060 might not be functioning until you have all drivers (chipset, GPU, etc) installed.

Jake60538

I’d try connecting monitor to the motherboard hdmi port and try and boot using the CPU onboard graphics rather than the 2060. The 2060 might not be functioning until you have all drivers (chipset, GPU, etc) installed.
I’ll give that a try now shall I disconnect the gpu? Also this video isn’t mine but same beeps

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's not a GPU issue, suggests a CPU issue.

That cooler is nowhere near powerful enough for the CPU so it will have been hammering 24/7 with the CPU still overheating is my guess.

The PSU as well is not enough for the build.

You could check the CPU power connector is properly inserted into the motherboard (8pin input in top left of mobo)

Also make sure the cooler is properly mounted and hasn't come adrift when you moved it.

I would suggest an RMA though.

Jake60538

It's not a GPU issue, suggests a CPU issue.

That cooler is nowhere near powerful enough for the CPU so it will have been hammering 24/7 with the CPU still overheating is my guess.

The PSU as well is not enough for the build.

You could check the CPU power connector is properly inserted into the motherboard (8pin input in top left of mobo)

Also make sure the cooler is properly mounted and hasn't come adrift when you moved it.

I would suggest an RMA though.
not to sure this is a build from you guys, don’t understand if it’s not enough for this and it would of been harming it why it would let me order it?

The problem has only started since I formatted my m.2 was working perfect before that and temps for the cpu was never high. I’ll give it a check over now

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ll give that a try now shall I disconnect the gpu? Also this video isn’t mine but same beeps

No you can leave GPU in place for now. Let’s see if connecting to onboard graphics works. Make sure monitor is on and set to the correct source (the hdmi cable connected to onboard, leave all other cables disconnected)

Jake60538

No you can leave GPU in place for now. Let’s see if connecting to onboard graphics works. Make sure monitor is on and set to the correct source (the hdmi cable connected to onboard, leave all other cables disconnected)
Still nothing still getting them bleeps :(

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's not posting so it's not gonna output any graphics.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
not to sure this is a build from you guys, don’t understand if it’s not enough for this and it would of been harming it why it would let me order it?
PCS are simply a system integrator, they build what the customer orders. It's up to the customer to know how to design a system, and if they don't then ask for advice.

was working perfect before that and temps for the cpu was never high.
I entirely disagree with this, there's absolutely no way it wasn't overheating unless you weren't putting any load on it. It would have been thermal throttling with any load.

That cooler is good for about 50W, that's a 125W TDP CPU, absolutely no way the cooler can handle it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Rma mean returning it ? Sorry new to all this really know bits and bobs checks the connector,

Checked the cpu cooler not loose. Also will be upgrading it tomorrow if the cpu isn’t dead
Did you check the CPU cable to the motherboard? Best to fully remove it and reinsert it to be sure it's in properly.