500gb or 1tb?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Hello, I plan on getting a new build as you can see on previous posts but I'm really not sure what to use as a storage drive for my games and a small ammount of music. Previously I used a 1tb hardrive and dident even get past 300gb space.. But I've seen people saying that a 1tb hardrive will be better for loading files since they are so big. Could someone confirm the truth please so I don't have to worry about hardrive sizes. Using an SSD 120g for my OS and world of warcraft :p.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hello, I plan on getting a new build as you can see on previous posts but I'm really not sure what to use as a storage drive for my games and a small ammount of music. Previously I used a 1tb hardrive and dident even get past 300gb space.. But I've seen people saying that a 1tb hardrive will be better for loading files since they are so big. Could someone confirm the truth please so I don't have to worry about hardrive sizes. Using an SSD 120g for my OS and world of warcraft :p.

It depends on how much music and games you wish to store. I think I have like 500gb only games, there are a few I haven't installed yet and music/movies and other programmes occupy a significant part of my caviar black.

Keithg

Enthusiast
Really depends on quantities of data you require. I have filled a 750Gb drive on my laptop with only games, but I play lots of games at the same time depending on mood.
You would be surprised how little games it takes to fill that space, 20-30Gb games are becoming more common.
Idealy you dont want to get over 90% used capacity on any drive.