560 ti - Capacitor whine

Corfate

Author Level
I think i've ehard that most GPU's have a cap whine, but it's nothing to worry about.

I think thats what i've heard from other threads :)

Buzz

Master
Very little can be done with cap whine and nearly every company iv ever dealt with wont accept cap whine as a reason for taking the item back.

Its just the luck of the draw im afraid. Some will do it others wont. I have the 560 TI and not a whimper from it.

baron75mk2

Banned
how loud is it exactly ? & does it get louder the more you load it ? - most cards do whine a little , my Gainward phantom 3 GTX580 & my point of view GTX580 (both 3 gb models) , do whine a little when heavily loaded , but i have to littlerally stick my head in the rig to hear it , so its more than acceptable , but i did purchase a GTX 590 a few months ago that was so noisy i actually did send it back , but (& this is no joke) i could hear it half way down the stairs & in the next bedroom through the wall - it was terrible ! , also something to consider (& it probaly isnt whats happening to you) , but if the PSU is not quite cutting it or badly grounded it can actually induce the same noise from the actual PCI-E slot (this happened to me on an alienware rig i had - changed the power supply & the noise went away)

Last edited: