5700XT info needed

Wiz

Just ordered a new gaming pc and picked the 5700xt, just wondering if a lot of people on here had problems with that gpu?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just ordered a new gaming pc and picked the 5700xt, just wondering if a lot of people on here had problems with that gpu?
AMD have had driver issues for a while now, the general advice is to go with an RTX 2070 Super.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
No need to cancel, just modify the order. As long as its not yet in build there's no charge.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Been watching a lot of PC builds on YouTube and 99% of them are all based on the Nvidia platform. I am sure AMD will sort their issues out (like they have done with their CPU's) but it doesn't sound like it will be an easy win. If you are pulling the trigger now then realistically you haven't got a choice but choose Nvidia for the time being.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I thought that they fixed that, or is it still a card that goes hot enough to cook bacon on?
Still ongoing. It’s not a heat issue, purely drivers.

I think AMD are improving what was a cursed GPU Platform from the start. I personally believe that big navi will be not only a major step forward in raw hardware performance, but given AMD’s new stance in the market with widespread user adoption of Ryzen 3000, Lisa Su is wise enough to invest a large portion of that into better driver development for big navi.

Unfortunately for AMD in the graphics space, it’s not really the hardware that’s been the issue, sure they’ve been behind nvidia but they’ve always been very popular amongst mid range and entry level players. BUT that’s been let down historically by really poor driver development and it’s something Lisa Su knows they need to focus on for Big Navi to make a real mark.

Last edited:

apersonwhoexists

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine