5900x 3080 no lights on graphics card

SiAdams

This is literally what I do, I power on the PC, get the blue flashing light on Samsung G9 with no display, reset the PC and all works fine. Pain like but I suppose its better than having to change refresh rate.

In relation to 3DMark, I have 3080 and Ryzen 7 5800x and get between a low of 16062 and high of 16329.
funny thing is, the last two nights it has come on straight away.

How much memory do you have? i have 16gig. I wonder what it is why my performance on 3dMark is slightly below par

DarTon

RAM can make a difference. Not so much the amount of memory but the rank. I had 32GB (2x16GB) single rank and changed that for 32GB (2x16GB) dual rank and the TimeSpy scored went up by around 3.5%. The graphics score moved by just 1% but the CPU score moved by 15%!

I wouldn't worry too much though about your score vs the "average". The "average" is not an unbiased indicator since it's tilted toward those who care about benchmark performance and overclock their systems or run systems with above average components. That's worth a few percent.

SiAdams

RAM can make a difference. Not so much the amount of memory but the rank. I had 32GB (2x16GB) single rank and changed that for 32GB (2x16GB) dual rank and the TimeSpy scored went up by around 3.5%. The graphics score moved by just 1% but the CPU score moved by 15%!

I wouldn't worry too much though about your score vs the "average". The "average" is not an unbiased indicator since it's tilted toward those who care about benchmark performance and overclock their systems or run systems with above average components. That's worth a few percent.
Cheers for this mate. To be honest i haven't looked into the benchmarking, just seeing the scores without knowing can be a little daunting at first. However, It is running like a dream.

I am considering purchasing a further 16 gig (2x8gig) as i have been using Cubase lately and my projects are getting bigger.

Would you happen to know if running 4x 8gig 3600mhz will be ok on my build? it is in my signature. I have read earlier that the 3600mhz if using up 4 slots can cause an issue.

If you do have any input i would really appreciate it

DarTon

I'm sorry but I'm not on top of the situation now regarding whether 4x8GB at 3600Mhz is stable. I know there were issues even as late as last year. I also know that AGESA (AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture) updates have improved the situation. I just don't know how much.

Depending on what RAM you have, you may be able to get round this even if it's still unstable. PCS was selling Vengeance 3600Mhz RAM with 18-22-22-42 timings. So I suspect you would be able to downclock it 3200Mhz but tighten the timings to 16-20-20-38. Net result would be virtually no performance loss (perhaps 1% or so) on games in latency terms but a gain from having more ranks.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cheers for this mate. To be honest i haven't looked into the benchmarking, just seeing the scores without knowing can be a little daunting at first. However, It is running like a dream.

I am considering purchasing a further 16 gig (2x8gig) as i have been using Cubase lately and my projects are getting bigger.

Would you happen to know if running 4x 8gig 3600mhz will be ok on my build? it is in my signature. I have read earlier that the 3600mhz if using up 4 slots can cause an issue.

If you do have any input i would really appreciate it
To my knowledge mate this has been sorted out, worth having someone verify 100% though I'd say about 70% sure

SiAdams

thanks both. Before ordering i will double check with others on here. Plus i will put links on to the RAM im looking at purchasing. I do need help with this as not clued up with the timings etc and so not sure what impact that will have. Thanks again for taking your time to help us out.