675m heat.

Jaydea

Bronze Level Poster
Hi :) I've had my Vortex lll with a 675m for a good couple of months now, and have begun to notice how hot the GPU can get and was wondering whether anyone could provide any tips on how to cool it down?

It climbs to 90 degrees very quickly when playing World Of Warcraft, and beyond cleaning the fans, I don't know how to lower this at all.

CEUOTC

Enthusiast
Hi :) I've had my Vortex lll with a 675m for a good couple of months now, and have begun to notice how hot the GPU can get and was wondering whether anyone could provide any tips on how to cool it down?

It climbs to 90 degrees very quickly when playing World Of Warcraft, and beyond cleaning the fans, I don't know how to lower this at all.

You may have to remove the HSF assembly and re-apply some thermal compound to it.

This video guides you throw stripping down a Vertex III 17.3" if you have the 15.6" it is still a very similar process.

This video shows how to re-apply thermal compound to laptop GPU.

If you look to this post, it shows how to use speed tape to cover up any caps increasing the airflow through the HSF assembly.

Regards.

C.