7970m in stock ?

Hi can you please tell me if the 79070m are in stock and do you have a date for people who want to upgrade the Vortex II to the 7970m Vbios and have you got a price thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We do have the 7970M in stock on the 15.6" Vortex III but not yet on the 17.3" Vortex III. By the end of this month we will be able to offer the 7970M GPUs for both the 15.6" and 17.3" the Vortex II chassis. However, the price we originally quoted (£240) was incorrect unfortunately.

If you would like to order one of these, the GPU (2GB 7970M) including VAT, collection and re-delivery, labour and installation will cost £347.00. If you are happy to carry out the installation yourself at your own risk you can save £35 from this cost, making the total £312.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
Do both ways include a heatsink with the card? And do I get to keep my old card if I send the laptop to you :D Damn that price increase is a bit of slap in the face cuz I was wishing to upgrade to a bigger SSD at the same time but now I'll need to rethink my plans.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
You will nned to use the existing heatsink you have but you can keep the old card.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
You will nned to use the existing heatsink you have but you can keep the old card.

and is the heatsink from gtx560m suitable for hd7970m or do I need to get one that fits before I can proceed?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I will need to check but (and correct me if I'm wrong) as far as I am aware the heatsink is the same for all GPUs in the Vortex II and the one you currently have is the only one that will work.

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
I will need to check but (and correct me if I'm wrong) as far as I am aware the heatsink is the same for all GPUs in the Vortex II and the one you currently have is the only one that will work.

It would be very nice if that were to be the case but I have gotten the impression that it's not :/ Thanks for checking it out, hope it's gonna be good news.

[email protected]

Thanks ObserverJLin, some pretty impressive specs there, especially with the GTX 680m, but its not fantastically better than 560m Sli, well not for the additional cost anyway, then your also left with two perfectly good cards...

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster

Any news on this?