8 pin power cable needed from Corsair TX650M to Inateck 4 Ports PCIe to USB 3.0 Card

PauApp

Bronze Level Poster
The system isn't allowing me to upload a photo (it's repeatedly too large).

The problem is that the only Molex lead supplied only has a 6 pin connection at the other end labelled type 4, not 8 pin that will fit in the PSU. It will not fit into the PSU. The 8 pin supplied (labelled type 4) has the same 6 pin connection at the other end labelled PCIe.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The system isn't allowing me to upload a photo (it's repeatedly too large).
The problem is that the only Molex lead supplied only has a 6 pin connection at the other end labelled type 4, not 8 pin that will fit in the PSU.
The 8Pin is PCIe, or CPU, neither of those are suitable.

You need to plug into one of the 6pin as in the previous image which are the SATA lanes.

D

Deleted member 17413

You can try something like Imgur and link the photos here? Or save the file as a different file format, so its not as high quality.

PauApp

Bronze Level Poster

The 8Pin is PCIe, or CPU, neither of those are suitable.

You need to plug into one of the 6pin as in the previous image which are the SATA lanes.

PauApp

Bronze Level Poster
The 6 pin sockets are taken. There's just the 8 pin left, upper right, as previously described.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 6 pin sockets are taken. There's just the 8 pin left, upper right, as previously described.
So each of those 6 Pin has multiple SATA power connectors on the string, they can't all be being used.

Each one will be something like this:

s-l1600.jpg

D

Deleted member 17413

So you may well need to remove some of the HDD youve attached, and replace with a bigger volume so you have a spare socket to use.... basically, it sounds like you have maxed out the PSU connections already, it -cant- go into the 8pin ones it'll probably fry the card

PauApp

Bronze Level Poster
OK here's the bottom line.
So you may well need to remove some of the HDD youve attached, and replace with a bigger volume so you have a spare socket to use.... basically, it sounds like you have maxed out the PSU connections already, it -cant- go into the 8pin ones it'll probably fry the card
Perfect response thank you. I was about to say I have had to disconnect the cable to 3 of the HDDs, which is a huge PITA.

Are there cables available with more than 3 SATA connectors?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK here's the bottom line.

Perfect response thank you. I was about to say I have had to disconnect the cable to 3 of the HDDs, which is a huge PITA.

Are there cables available with more than 3 SATA connectors?
You can't be using 9 SATA ports though???

PauApp

Bronze Level Poster
As detailed in my question
Existing:
5 HDDs
1 DVD burner

Now 1 4 port USB card with one more possibly

Total = 8

PauApp

Bronze Level Poster
No. They're all assigned to a HDD.

Edit well 3 of them were until I had to assign the SATA cable to the USB card so yes they're free now I suppose.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No. They're all assigned to a HDD.

Edit well 3 of them were until I had to assign the SATA cable to the USB card so yes they're free I suppose.
I'm confused.

You've got 3 SATA power cables connected to the PSU.

And you said each of them have 3 SATA power connectors?

Surely that's 9 connectors?

You could have 2 cables powering all your drives.

That leaves you one full cable with 3 power connectors free?

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
I'm confused.

You've got 3 SATA power cables connected to the PSU.

And you said each of them have 3 SATA power connectors?

Surely that's 9 connectors?

You could have 2 cables powering all your drives.

That leaves you one full cable with 3 power connectors free?
The 650 txm only has 6 SATA connections though, so I can understand those all being used. But that should still leave 4 pata(molex) connections available, unless of course the OP is using these to drive additional fans etc