9-10 Working Days for 5950x + Strix 3090

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
So thrilled to see how fast this build has been put together, thought I'd share the news and spec!

I'd deliberately gone overkill on this, to try and circumvent the wait times, and the build will be used for virtual machines, lots of Photoshop and video editing, with a spot of gaming. For anyone else holding out for a 5950x and 3090, good luck! Fingers crossed this will be here for the weekend or early next week. Today is working day 9, and the machine is currently in testing.

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Or... we could just celebrate that a customer has got a system that they’re going to be really happy with. The build is excellent, picking up on a minor point like that is a little bit nit-picky for my tastes.
Yeah I'm glad if he's happy, it's just a thing pointed out maybe for a future purchase so that the OP knows about it and can save money on it :)

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Monitor deets please? I'm turning into a monitor obsessed fiend and always need to know what else everyone has so I can find about ones that I don't know about yet.

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
The desk is too empty at the moment! I'm sure it'll fit in nicely though ;-) Agent Cooper will be delighted with the cable management also!

I could do with some advice re peripherals perhaps.... I'm thinking Logitech Master MX3 + Corsair K70 mk2 low profile with silent switches, as this is a work and play machine, although I hear the MX3 may not be ideal for gaming.
setup.jpg

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
Goddammit I want that in my life
Do it, I have ZERO regrets. I've had it for a week, first 2 days I couldn't quite adjust, but now I wouldn't go back. FWIW, the PowerToys FancyZones app makes it really good for creating custom 'snap-to' zones, so you can have 3 windows on the go at once, which is nice.

AlienBzkts

I guess I'll join the party here, mate. I initially went for a Strix + 3080 and two 980 M.2 but then I decided to make a few changes and just pull the trigger with a 3090 and just staying with a single 980 for OS + most common games + the 2TB for other games.

No regrets, at all. So freaking hyped! <3

Case COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPUOverclocked AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core (3.7GHz @ up to 4.7GHz)
MotherboardASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 3000 MB/W)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED Lighting2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
I guess I'll join the party here, mate. I initially went for a Strix + 3080 and two 980 M.2 but then I decided to make a few changes and just pull the trigger with a 3090 and just staying with a single 980 for OS + most common games + the 2TB for other games.

CaseCOOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
MotherboardASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 3000 MB/W)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
That's a nice spec, I know that the STRIX 3090 cards specifically have a lower wait time, I'm not sure how long the regular 3080 + 3090 wait times are though. Ordinarily I'd build my own, but time and availability meant I've gone down the pre built route. I'll be adding another M.2 for the same reasons, but I wanted one small job so that I could contribute to the build! :D

I'm sure you'll find it excellent once its on your desk!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

CaseCOOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH ARGB GAMING CASE
That's a powerhouse of a system there! Just a quick note, you may want to consider removing the MX-4 paste from your order. The Corsair cooler comes with a premium paste pre-applied and it's really evenly spread. Adding on the MX-4 means that they have to remove that paste in order to re-apply. So you don't get much benefit at all and it can actually be detrimental if you (god forbid) get a bad paste job.

AlienBzkts

That's a nice spec, I know that the STRIX 3090 cards specifically have a lower wait time, I'm not sure how long the regular 3080 + 3090 wait times are though. Ordinarily I'd build my own, but time and availability meant I've gone down the pre built route. I'll be adding another M.2 for the same reasons, but I wanted one small job so that I could contribute to the build! :D

I'm sure you'll find it excellent once its on your desk!
Oh yeah I was kinda tempted to go Strix, I was just like... "not sure I want to challenge my luck" but definitely yeah! It makes sense to add stuff in the future, considering this is an investment, you can build and add stuff considering how good the base is. Yay!

That's a powerhouse of a system there! Just a quick note, you may want to consider removing the MX-4 paste from your order. The Corsair cooler comes with a premium paste pre-applied and it's really evenly spread. Adding on the MX-4 means that they have to remove that paste in order to re-apply. So you don't get much benefit at all and it can actually be detrimental if you (god forbid) get a bad paste job.
Ahhhh uhhh! Thank you for that! I will try to make the change, hopefully PCSpec people won't hate me, but I really really appreciate the comment, Agentcooper!

EDIT: I made the change, so thanks again ah! :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh yeah I was kinda tempted to go Strix, I was just like... "not sure I want to challenge my luck" but definitely yeah! It makes sense to add stuff in the future, considering this is an investment, you can build and add stuff considering how good the base is. Yay!

Ahhhh uhhh! Thank you for that! I will try to make the change, hopefully PCSpec people won't hate me, but I really really appreciate the comment, Agentcooper!

EDIT: I made the change, so thanks again ah! :)
I would also change it for a non overclocked build. Ryzen will actually perform worse for gaming with an all core overclock because of the way Ryzen cores are designed.

Ryzen cores are designed with a couple of strong ones, and the rest weaker.

The max turbo boost of Ryzen is only achievable on the strongest cores, it would never be applied to the lesser cores, as such, an all core overclock is only done to the best clocks of the weakest core, so you'll lose significant amounts of single core performance, talking over .5 GHz, which is VERY significant. You'll likely lose around 10% fps with an all core overclock.