95% Gamut 15.6" AUO B156HW01 V.4 Matte Screens Now in Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kushan

If you are waiting for 15.6" screen, then it likely won't arrive to you this week because this screen will be back on stock this Thursday.

17.3" already in stock.

They said the 9th, which is wednesday. Earlier they said Tuesday, which is where I got that from. I don't see Thursday anywhere, unless you meant last week?

iceatcs

Sorry, yeah it should be start build on this Wed. I thought 9th is Thursday. We should get it by next week unless other parts might be not stock too.

Last edited:

Kushan

Well I realise it's still early in the day, but the anticipation is killing me here! Have the screens arrived? And any idea how long it'll take the backlog to go?

Kushan

How long it have been out of stock? 2 weeks?

If so, it will be quite large number of backlog.

At least. I'm on my 14th working day of production, which is nearly 3 weeks. If what you're saying is accurate, then I should at least be at the front of the queue, so to speak. It'd just be nice to know that the queue is moving.

iceatcs

Wow, quite long time. I ordered last Sat, I must be somewhere bottom of the queue :(

The real question will it going be enough for all of us who waiting?

Last edited:

InfernalBadger

Bronze Level Poster
Well, I changed mine for a glossy so that's one extra for you guys ;)

Getting mine delivered tomorrow now (hopefully, it's been dispatched anyway!)

Kushan

Still no word from PCS? Considering how long some of us have been waiting, it'd be nice to get some feedback. Screens today or not? What's going on?

iceatcs

Aye, I'm not sure but the spare part haven't got the stock for 15.6" today yet. Could be nothing because maybe they don't want sell it individual screen as spare part yet.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
They haven't been booked in yet but they should have landed today. I will check tomorrow and confirm back.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
They're in stock - they came in yesterday but could not get booked in until this morning. As you would expect there is a bit of a backlog but we're working to clear this as quickly as possible.

Apologies for the delay and thank you for being patient while you had to wait. :)

iceatcs

They're in stock - they came in yesterday but could not get booked in until this morning. As you would expect there is a bit of a backlog but we're working to clear this as quickly as possible.

Apologies for the delay and thank you for being patient while you had to wait. :)

Cool. Thanks for excellent service

Kushan

Thanks for the reply, is there any indication as to how far the backlog goes? As in, when did you run out of the screens?

And can you explain this to me - according to the order screen, the dispatched timescales are as follows -

7 Days - 24%
14 Days - 88%
21 Days - 100%
Average - 9.98 days

I know that I've been waiting for 21 days and mine is still in preproduction, so just how accurate ARE those figures?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The figures are 100% accurate, they're calculated automatically. Over the last 5 days 88% of the orders we shipped took <=14 days to complete. As your order has not been shipped, it will not affect these stats until it has been dispatched.

Kushan

The figures are 100% accurate, they're calculated automatically. Over the last 5 days 88% of the orders we shipped took <=14 days to complete. As your order has not been shipped, it will not affect these stats until it has been dispatched.

OH I see, so it goes by the laptops that have actually shipped, rather than the ones that are waiting to be shipped. That makes sense. Presumably over the next week or so, those figures are going to drop drastically due to the backlog?

Incidentally, I'm now "In Building". Progress! I was hoping it'd ship today, but that's probably asking a bit much.

What are the chances of throwing in a spare copy of BF3 for those of us who had to wait so long? :D

flobber238

Bronze Level Poster
Hey,

95% gamut is not unique to matte displays. Sager in America offers glossy versions, e.g. AUO B156HW1 V.4 -any demand for glossy high-gamut displays this side of the Atlantic?

Separately, is there any drawback to these displays, e.g. contrast ratio etc. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.