A little advice

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Just had my computer returned to me today after being fixed with the graphics card replaced (Radeon 7970 3GB), my graphics card looks totally different with copper pipping on it after i try 'Dxdiag' to see what card i have installed it only states its a radeon 7900 series card 3GB & not the 7970, is this correct?

My castor wheels were damaged as well, ill send pcs a email to send some more out to me & the side of my Haf x case is cracked!!!

Any help on the graphics card would be appreciated

Corfate

Author Level
The 7970 is in the 7900 series :)

Imagine it at 79hundred series, your 7970 is in the hundred part, if you get me.. Theres probably a much easier way to explain this :p But yeah, the cards fine. Mine comes up at as the 6600 series, as it's a 6670.

Unlucky about the damage to your rig though, most likely done in transit as im sure they wouldn't send out a damaged rig.. :)

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
The card looks totally different with the copper tubing in full view to my previous card, it looks & feels flimsy inside the case!!!

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
After only 3 hours of receiving my pc back, my system keeps shutting itself off while im playing skyrim & older games like assassins creed!!!, & a loud whirring noise is evident inside my case but all my fans seem to be turning alright?
Any ideas at all, ive left another email for pcs, ill be ringing them yet again in the morning....not happy

tom_gr7

Life Serving
did you manage to give them a bell?

where about's is the loud noise coming from? GPU? do you use any software to monitor the temps? if so you should set them to record, then when it crashes you can view the file and check what temp it was during the crash, a method to rule out high temperature.

Have you got the msot current gpu drivers? are windows updates on and fully up to date?

you could also check the event viewer to see if any evidence of the crashes are there. Just type event viewer in the search bar in windows.
If you could post up the spec that would be useful mate,

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
I gave PCs a ring, they said to take the graphics card out & reseat it incase its loose, that seems to have done the trick, all my drivers are up to date, my fans are running at about 17c, the case is very cold still which is good, my 7970 card was replaced with the same card with the dual fans & copper heatsink I believe a loose wire could have been brushing against these fans, alls quiet now though, thanks for the advice

RogueTainer

Bronze Level Poster
Oh & I've sent pictures of my damaged case (side door panel & castor wheels) so am hoping to het replacements, don't really wanna send it all back again. Rep to you Tom