A question about Corsair H80i v2 cooler

pcsa

On my new PCS pc I noticed that on the Corsair Link display my H80i was showing 0 rpm, and pump 1200 rpm. The fans are actually turning and do speed up on load as does the pump increase speed.

If I change the bios to dc then the fan shows on the Corsair Link display, but also the pump speed has increased to about 1860 rpm under no load and stays at that speed even under load, but the fan speed does increase under load.

Which way is the correct way to have it set in the bios. I have looked on the Corsiar forum and someone said that the pump should always have a 12v supply, so as to spin at full speed regardless, this does not sound right to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

My mb is a Asus z370 e-gaming.

Another thing that I noticed on that display is my video card under no load when I recieved the system a few weeks back was about 40C and fan speed about 1100rpm, and after palying a game was about 70C, now at no load after turning the pc on after just a few mins the temp on card is about 48C and after playing the same game it now shows 80C. Thats 8-10C hotter now than when new !

Startup Temps Fan1.jpgStartup Temps Fan2.jpg

rtho

Hello,

Can't comment on the Corsair cooler, sure someone will help you with this on these forums. If not I would contact Corsair via their web site.

Your graphics card could be that the heat-sink is not making full contact with the card cpu. If the card over heats when playing then it will cut out for several seconds until the temp drops, if that happens then you will need to contact PCS and they will advise what you need to do as regards solving the problem as your system is still in warranty.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Different parts of a game - even just turning the camera a bit in one area - will put the GPU under substantially different loads. It's possible that your GPU was just under lower load before.

80 degrees isn't an uncommon temperature for a GTX 1080 (the thermal target is 84 degrees iirc).

As for the idle temps, it's possible the GPU isn't downclocking itself properly. Sometimes Windows apps running in the background without your knowledge, or your internet browser, can make use of GPU acceleration and this makes the GPU go up to its base frequency instead of a really low, idle frequency.

While the temps are higher than what you had before, they're not dangerous, and not necessarily indicative of a problem. Even if there is a problem, it could just as easily be driver related (especially if it's a downclocking/ fan profile, etc issue).

Perhaps run the Firestrike benchmark few times and see what temps, frequencies, and your score is. Do this every weekend for a few weeks. See if there's any meaningful difference.

I wouldn't panic over the GPU, yet anyway. It's good to be cautious and try to understand what's your hardware's up to though :)

I'm afraid that I too have no clue about the H80i...

pcsa

Have now discovered that if the Corsair Link software is running the the temp on the graphics card go up by the values as in my first post above.