A quick question aboout the Optimus II

I recently purchased the Optimus II and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible add another HDD to it.
I've been given a spare 64gb SSD from work and I wanted to pop it in my shiny new laptop. Anyone tried this?

Ta,

MrShteeeve

I shall remove my bottom panel to double check but I'm 99% sure it only has one HDD bay.

Edit: Yep only 1 I'm afraid

Last edited:
Many thanks for that.
There wasn't an option to add another drive so I presume it can't be done.

Also, I notice that you've overclocked your GeForce GT 555M - How is that done as I've got the same.

Ta

MrShteeeve

↑Updated post above↑

Also, as for the overclocking, I used MSI Afterburner (as nTune isn't supported and results in BSOD... Trust me personal experience haha). If you'd like a link to it, it is.... http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup210.zip

The speeds in my sig are the fastest and most stable I could get, but I'd still advise to take small steps, apply, test (over and over)

Just did a Stress Test and under 98% workload the GT555M is only at 68 degrees C :)

Last edited:

Meds

Yep, just to confirm. The Optimus II Laptop only supports the one HDD.

Bullseye

Interesting to see you overclocked your GPU. What increase percentage do you get with that? Or how many FPS increase does it give you?

↑Updated post above↑

Also, as for the overclocking, I used MSI Afterburner (as nTune isn't supported and results in BSOD... Trust me personal experience haha). If you'd like a link to it, it is.... http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup210.zip

The speeds in my sig are the fastest and most stable I could get, but I'd still advise to take small steps, apply, test (over and over)

Just did a Stress Test and under 98% workload the GT555M is only at 68 degrees C :)

MrShteeeve

I get on average across a number of games, including FFXIV, Red Alert 3, MW2, FEAR 3 about 5-6fps increase