AC cord with higher wattage safe for laptop?

accio5

Hello, I just recently bought a Samsung Chronos laptop.

The specs (shorthand) are as follows:

intel i7-3615QM 2.3 ~3.3ghz CPU
NVIDIA GT 650m 2gb GPU
1tb 5400rpm HDD
Speakers with subwoofer
17.3in screen.

The power adapter that comes with it is a 19v 90W adapter which puts the current around 4.74A (90W/19V).

After some research I have found online many places that say under stress, the 90W adapter is not enough to give the laptop its full power that it needs. (CPU under max stress needs 60W and GPU max needs 65W, so thats even without counting everything else)

I wanted to buy a universal AC adapter with a 120W rating but I dont know if that will be detrimental for the laptop or not.

Sorry for the long post. Just to sum it up, my main questions are:
*Will this higher rating damage my PC? I know the voltage has to stay they the same so more wattage means more current can be drawn which might hurt the components?
*Will the adapter run hotter or cooler since it probably will never reach maximum current under normal use? Will the PC run hotter or cooler?
*Anything specific i should be careful of if I am switching to the higher wattage?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
*Will this higher rating damage my PC? I know the voltage has to stay they the same so more wattage means more current can be drawn which might hurt the components? it wont hurt the components
*Will the adapter run hotter or cooler since it probably will never reach maximum current under normal use? Will the PC run hotter or cooler? the adapter itself should run marginally cooler, not that it would be noticeable though. the components of the machine wont run hotter or cooler.
*Anything specific i should be careful of if I am switching to the higher wattage? Make double sure its a reputable charger, the el'cheapo ones can be dangerous to the machine and a fire risk.