Accidentally found driver updates Proteus VII

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
When i got my laptop it had a program called "Intel SSD Toolbox" installed.. well i formatted my laptop shortly after recieving it.. and the Toolbox wasnt on the PCS Downloads section.. i totally forgot about it till this morning when i thought hmm i will go look for it.. so i did well i went onto the Intel website and it did a search of my laptop and it came back saying what laptop i had and also that there was updates for some of the componants eg bluetooth etc.. i went through

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html and it showed ....

1581582810463.png

They even have a tool which checks for new updates every time you turn your laptop on etc..

Just thought i would let anyone who has a Proteus VII know about it.. i assume this is okay to post this?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
One of the first things I install after a re-format. Always recommended to check for chipset drivers etc.

It's got a bit bloaty over the years but it still does a decent job of checking for drivers.

Good shout for anyone unaware though :cool:

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
I did contact PCS and they did say intel another place to get drivers that is safe other than them. It’s a shame there isn’t a version of Control Centre for the Proteus VII on there

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I did contact PCS and they did say intel another place to get drivers that is safe other than them. It’s a shame there isn’t a version of Control Centre for the Proteus VII on there

You're not really missing much there. I'm not a fan of control centre at all.

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
I like the light changing options etc for the keyboard and the corners of the laptop. CC is technically on version 3 but on the Proteus VII it’s still on 1.0.0.6

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I like the light changing options etc for the keyboard and the corners of the laptop. CC is technically on version 3 but on the Proteus VII it’s still on 1.0.0.6

Oh, don't get me wrong.... I want the options to do that. It's just that the software feels like an afterthought. Needs some time taken to polish it properly.