Activation codes

Mitrich

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there!

Got my rig yesterday, just touching that beauty was a long awaited pleasure. I have a question though, I ordered RTX 3080 GPU which should also include a free activation code for Call of Duty game, same with the Ryzen processors (Far Cry 6), I haven't got any documentation containing those codes, nor received any emails. Is there something I am doing wrong?

cheers!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi there!

Got my rig yesterday, just touching that beauty was a long awaited pleasure. I have a question though, I ordered RTX 3080 GPU which should also include a free activation code for Call of Duty game, same with the Ryzen processors (Far Cry 6), I haven't got any documentation containing those codes, nor received any emails. Is there something I am doing wrong?

cheers!
Go to your order page, it's usually listed there

D

Deleted member 17413

If you ordered and paid when the offer was there, it will list it in your order, i thought you still get it?
Mine came as emails after it had been dispatched, but also when i looked at my order after all completed/delivered it had a link for each there.
My account>orders and then click on show against the order, promotional items should be in the spec list it brings up, near the bottom.
(Should note this was last Aug, and was a month wait on the build roughly)

Mitrich

Bronze Level Poster
Well, on my order page there is specifically noted I will receive the codes. Even in my invoice:

Case
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 120 2.5" SSD, (up to 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
External DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
6x Slim USB 2.0 External Blu-Ray Writer
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i PRO Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Promotional Item
Get CoD:Cold War & 1YR GeForce Now w/ select RTX Graphics Cards
Welcome Book

Mitrich

Bronze Level Poster
2021-03-18 copy.png

That is the screenshot from my order list

D

Deleted member 17413

Check your junk email folder, and keep an eye on the order in your account, might just be a case of its running behind (I didnt get any of it till actually getting the PC with mine). If its not there in a few days contact PCS to ask.

Mitrich

Bronze Level Poster
Check your junk email folder, and keep an eye on the order in your account, might just be a case of its running behind (I didnt get any of it till actually getting the PC with mine). If its not there in a few days contact PCS to ask.
It's not a big deal, I am not crazy about it, but recon if I am entitled to a free game then why not, was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I will keep an eye on it, thank you.

D

Deleted member 17413

View attachment 23855

That is the screenshot from my order list

Mine started similar to yours and then changed to links like these once all done/delivered, and i got seperate emails for each code.

1616083046222.png

Is your order tracking showing as delivered when you click the tracking reference on the order page?
That could be a clue to see if its still working through the system?

I would think easiest to contact PCS and ask direct though.
Maybe it does time out, but I thought it was from when you purchase so im not certain now someone has mentioned it could time out/current wait times are longer than I waited.

(PS Both codes have been fully redeemed :p)

Mitrich

Bronze Level Poster
Mine started similar to yours and then changed to links like these once all done/delivered, and i got seperate emails for each code.

View attachment 23856

Is your order tracking showing as delivered when you click the tracking reference on the order page?
That could be a clue to see if its still working through the system?

I would think easiest to contact PCS and ask direct though.
Maybe it does time out, but I thought it was from when you purchase so im not certain now someone has mentioned it could time out/current wait times are longer than I waited.

(PS Both codes have been fully redeemed :p)
Yeah, so it is marked as delivered, I will give it few extra days, don't want to bother anyone until I am certain that I won't get them proper way. Since it's just been delivered yesterday I recon it might be too early. Thanks a lot, hope you enjoy your rig and games !!

Bhuna50

Author Level
I have a feeling the FarCry code offer expired January.

COD is probably out of date now too.

See section 4 of the T&Cs anyway.

Best bet is to contact PCS directly and they will be able to let you know if it’s expired, run out of codes or just forgotten to send it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
I have a feeling the FarCry code offer expired January.

COD is probably out of date now too.

See section 4 of the T&Cs anyway.

Best bet is to contact PCS directly and they will be able to let you know if it’s expired, run out of codes or just forgotten to send it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The COD one has finished and I think they're moving on to an Outriders bundle now.

kitltd

The COD one has finished and I think they're moving on to an Outriders bundle now.
so we don't get the codes. That's kinda ridiculous when one of the reasons some customers (me included) picked certain components was to take advantage of the free game offers - having placed an order in Dec, it's not exactly our fault that we haven't received the order yet. Do you think they'll supply us with alternate game codes?

Bhuna50

Author Level
so we don't get the codes. That's kinda ridiculous when one of the reasons some customers (me included) picked certain components was to take advantage of the free game offers - having placed an order in Dec, it's not exactly our fault that we haven't received the order yet. Do you think they'll supply us with alternate game codes?

If the only reason you ordered certain components was because of game codes, then you are welcome to cancel your order and return it within the 14 day period and then someone else can have those components.

Its not PCS's fault either and if you read the terms and conditions Section 4 when ordering you will see that they will endeavour to honour codes, but obviously they cant do anything where the promotions expire.

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
I totally understand why this would be annoying however I don't think this is PCS' fault. They will only get the codes when they get the GPU and if they don't get one to fulfill your order until after that particular promotion has expired there's not a lot they can do. They're at the mercy of the shortage of supplies just like Joe Bloggs trying to buy a GPU on its own.
I would think that if there is a promotion on when a GPU is supplied to you then you'll get the codes. The way things are just now, I wouldn't be spending so much on a system or GPU just on the basis of a code for a free game.

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
Also, as far as I know, PCS don't advertise that if you buy a system you get X game free so they can't really be held responsible.

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
I think someone on the 3080 thread mentioned the expired codes and they managed to get them reinstated by supplying Nvidia/AMD with proof of purchase. So that could be worth a try.