Adding a new hard drive to Vortex ST-S

Hi there,
Im looking at adding a new hard drive to my pc (Vortex ST-S). Just wondering if there is a specific type of hard drive I should be looking to buy that is compatible with my pc?

Thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Post the FULL specs of your laptop from the original order and we be able to offer better help.

Thanks for the reply!
Sorry, Im pretty clueless about this stuff :D.

Im looking for another traditional SSD type drive. (I think?) Basically Ive ran out of storage on my current PC and I need more storage to run apps and games on.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Tis not a laptop ;)
Verily thy wise communication hast served to highlight the wrongness of the earlier missive from this correspondent. With all humility therefore I must beg your pardon and humbly request that the term PC be henceforth substituted for and completely replace the aforementioned term laptop.

Its actually the Vortex Minerva, my bad! and yes, it was bought from PC World haha :D

Full Specs
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8400 Processor | Hexa-core | 2.8 GHz / 4.0 GHz | 9 MB cache
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (2133 MHz) | 32 GB maximum installable RAM
Storage: 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm) | 120 GB SSD
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 3 GB
Colour: Black
Operating System: Windows 10 home (64-bit)
Dimensions: 455 x 212 x 464 mm (H x W x D)
Weight: 9.5 kg
SKU: PCS-D1348512
Connectivity• WiFi: AC WiFi | 2x2 | Up to 300 Mbps
• Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet port
• USB: USB 3.0 x 4 | USB 2.0 x 2
• Video connections: HDMI x 1 | DisplayPort x 1 | DVI x 1
• Audio connections: 3.5 mm jack
Features• Mouse / trackpad: No
• Keyboard: No
Performance• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8400 Processor | Hexa-core | 2.8 GHz / 4.0 GHz | 9 MB cache
• RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (2133 MHz) | 32 GB maximum installable RAM
• Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 3 GB
• Storage: 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm) | 120 GB SSD

Also, maybe (probably), im being an idiot. My C drive is what is completely full and stopping me from downloading anything. But my D drive has heaps of space on it. Is there a way for me to just use this space as my primary drive and/or move apps over to that drive?

Judging by the age of it, my guess is the ST-S replaced the Minerva.

Not sure if that system has the capacity for M.2 SSDs so we may likely be looking for a traditional SSD...maybe something like this:

Ah ok ok, thanks a million for your help! Will look into this :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Also, maybe (probably), im being an idiot. My C drive is what is completely full and stopping me from downloading anything. But my D drive has heaps of space on it. Is there a way for me to just use this space as my primary drive and/or move apps over to that drive?
The C: drive is your SSD, the D: drive is your HDD. If the C: drive is full but the D: drive has 'heaps of space' then yes, you can move your user data (including downloads) off the C: drive and place them permanently on the D: drive. That's how you should normally be running that system.

This site shows you how to move the Documents folder from C: to an E: drive, just substitute E: for D: in your case. Once you've moved the Documents folder, repeat the same process for the Pictures, Videos, Music, and Downloads folders as well.

That will free up a lot of space on the C: drive, make proper use of your D: drive and probably avoid the need to buy another drive at all...