Additional Fans?

joker375

Gold Level Poster
Morning All!

I am curious as to how many case fans I can install to my Mobo which is a asus m5a78l*I have read that it only has one case fan 3 pin connector, yet I have seen the exact same mobo as mine with 5 case fans so I'm curious as to how to add more.... Maybe. I read ASUS's specs wrong, I'm not to technical on these things

So any help is appreciated!

EDIT: case is a Coolermaster 311 Elite

tom_gr7

Life Serving
you could,

-connect the fans to the PSU, either using a 12v cable - so the fan/s run at 100% all the time, OR a 7v cable then the fans run at 50%.
-Add a fan controller, then connect your case fans to that. But this costs a bit more and add extra cables to ya rig. extension cables may be required to route the cables round the back of the mobo tray,
-yes you are correct, your mobo does only have 1 chassis fan connector and the CPu fan.
-You could use splitters, (connects two fans to one mobo port) but i don't think this is a good idea, may draw too much power from the mobo. Not good, i'd avoid this.

Although, you case has a rear fan and a front fan right? so one must be plugged into the power supply.

joker375

Gold Level Poster
Wow complex haha (mechanic) can it be done with a hammer and tig welder :p?

I'll look into the fan controller however

And negative only the one 120mm case fan on the back

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Wow complex haha (mechanic) can it be done with a hammer and tig welder :p?

I'll look into the fan controller however

And negative only the one 120mm case fan on the back

Are you having high temps in your gpu or cpu?

joker375

Gold Level Poster
Well CPU sits at 32c on bf3 with sliders on high and highest I have seen my gnu is 65-70c so it's more for the gpu as to me that seems quite hot?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Well CPU sits at 32c on bf3 with sliders on high and highest I have seen my gnu is 65-70c so it's more for the gpu as to me that seems quite hot?

The temps on the gpu are fine, I woulnd't bother with a fan controller, if I were you I'd try to get a side fan for the gpu.

joker375

Gold Level Poster
So if a side fan would be better would you just connect it to the pay with a molex adapter?

GPU: GTX 550 Ti

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah you could do it that way mate, but would run at 100% lol, so be noisy, unless you get ya self ya quiet fan.