Advice and inquiry on new Gaming Laptop

Magnus_d

Hey guys i have a couple of question regarding the spec. Im currently thinking of getting a gaming laptop and have a couple of questions that I would like to be clarified. I have narrowed down the choices between Viper III and Vortex II. I hope you guys could help me and many thanks on you guys being awesome. The questions are as follows

1. On the Vortex II configurator, the chassis contains Chassis & Display and Vortex II:17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080 ) (NO ETA) . What does NO ETA means?

2. Which graphic card is more preferable 2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M - DirectX® 11 (17.3" Vortex II) or 2 x 1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11 (SLI) ?

3. Which would be better 8GB ram at 1600MHZ or 16GB ram at 1333Mhz. I read somewhere that 8GB of Ram is more than enough to run games at a high quality. If so, would Viper III be better eventhough it has only 3 slots for RAM whereas Vortex II has 4 slots.

4. Assuming that everything is similar except for the graphic cards which would you guys recommend Viper or Vortex and would the different graphic card( 2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M - DirectX® 11 (17.3" Vortex II) or 2 x 1.5GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M - DirectX® 11 (SLI) ) , no. of slots for RAM and the Matte LED or Glossy LED make any difference.

I hope you guys could help someone who isnt that well informed in this and if you guys need any more detail please dont hesitate to ask. Thank you again in advance

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

1. No ETA means there is no estimated time of arrival for the matte screens. They are out of stock at the moment. Expect delays.

2. 2 x GTX 560M out-perform a single GTX 580M.

3. 8GB of RAM is more than enough memory, but 16GB 1333MHz is better than 8GB 1600MHz.

4. The main difference between the Viper III and Vortex II is the screen size (18.4" as opposed to 17.3") and the red/blue/green LED panel on the Viper III. The Viper III is a big laptop but also the most powerful!

Magnus_d

Thank you for the reply. With the matte screen out of stock, i am more incline to get the viper III. I'm going to wait for a week or two to see if the matte is in stock.