Advice for a clean Windows re-install

CaptainKristoff

I tried playing in my lunch break following the manually updated chipset drivers. AC Valhalla crashed to desktop after 1min 40secs. GTA V crashed after 11mins. Worth a shot, but a no-fix

LizardSoul

I had similar issues with my previous laptop, and temporarily solved it by underclocking (not undervolting) the GPU core and memory frequency by using MSI afterburner.
It may be a long shot, and I strongly advise you to do proper research first on how it's done and how safe it is, but if it does indeed stop your games from crashing, it may prove your some hardware issues with your GPU.

B Poot

Bronze Level Poster
Do you know what temperatures your different components are reaching? I noticed that you have the standard CPU cooler and no extra case fans, but AMD CPUs are known to run hot. Similarly, M.2 can get hot (without good case airflow) and stop functioning properly, not to mention the GPU!

CaptainKristoff

Hi all, sorry I haven't replied to your responses, I've had some personal life stuff going on. The good news though, is that my PC is now FIXED!

I phoned PCS for some advice on what to do given all the steps I'd taken since the start of the year and they recommended I send it back for a senior tech to look at. Well, long story short, as well as having a faulty motherboard I also had either a faulty CPU or GPU. They swapped both out for me and it now works exactly as it should. No crashes or other issues, everything runs beautifully.

Thank you to everyone who's tried to help me get to the bottom of my issues, I really appreciate all your time and help

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Do you know what temperatures your different components are reaching? I noticed that you have the standard CPU cooler and no extra case fans, but AMD CPUs are known to run hot. Similarly, M.2 can get hot (without good case airflow) and stop functioning properly, not to mention the GPU!
The 5600x is actually quite a cool running CPU that's why the standard cooler is sometimes recommended if the budget is tight. The other Ryzens can get pretty toasty though especially the 5800x

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
Hi all, sorry I haven't replied to your responses, I've had some personal life stuff going on. The good news though, is that my PC is now FIXED!

I phoned PCS for some advice on what to do given all the steps I'd taken since the start of the year and they recommended I send it back for a senior tech to look at. Well, long story short, as well as having a faulty motherboard I also had either a faulty CPU or GPU. They swapped both out for me and it now works exactly as it should. No crashes or other issues, everything runs beautifully.

Thank you to everyone who's tried to help me get to the bottom of my issues, I really appreciate all your time and help
Glad to hear everything is sorted to your satisfaction :)