Advice on a perfect monitor...

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
So, with my build day approaching its time to find and order a new monitor. My current two extra monitors are both old DVI and HDMI 60htz from Samsung so definitely will not be going with the Strix ROG 2080 TI in the new build!

I'll be using the computer for mainly working and editing but the fact that its a beast of a machine for gaming then I am definitely wanting to get back into gaming as well (Although this is secondary to having lots of window space for programs)

After talking with Scott during the checking of my computer build we both thought that a super ultrawide would be perfect for the machine, but, with a vertical coding monitor at the side of it, I think that it might be too much head-turning to work with.

So, I think I'm looking for an ultrawide monitor, larger than a 36inch 144hz refresh rate as well as a coding monitor to use vertically at the side of it. May as well keep that one 144htz as well.

Any thoughts on what you'd choose?

Eric

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What's the budget for the monitor?

There are a good few options in the ultrawide area but they do range in price quite a lot

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
Ah sorry, I forgot to add that in! Ideally no more than £1,000 for them both but it is not the end of the world if it is 100/200 more if it HAS to be.

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, so I think I've narrowed it down to a Samsung 49" CHG90 or the CRG90 (Click on the model numbers for links). Honestly, I have been looking at monitors for so long now I don't think I understand the difference between them anymore. Does anyone recommend one over the other? Thinking if this is a tall enough monitor then I might just sack off the Vertical for coding and use part of the widescreen.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, so I think I've narrowed it down to a Samsung 49" CHG90 or the CRG90 (Click on the model numbers for links). Honestly, I have been looking at monitors for so long now I don't think I understand the difference between them anymore. Does anyone recommend one over the other? Thinking if this is a tall enough monitor then I might just sack off the Vertical for coding and use part of the widescreen.
The CRG90 is 5120 x 1440, whereas the CHGG is 3440 x 1080, so the CRG90 is a far bigger screen, pixel wise.

The CRG90 is better suited to your build. It would be amazing for your setup, both for gaming and productivity.

Ericburnard

Bronze Level Poster
Thats all I needed to hear! I'll be getting that ordered tomorrow and then it'll have to sit staring at me for two weeks until the computer arrives 😂