AIO for Moderate Gaming, good temperature, low noise?

Oink

Hi all, I'm looking for a replacment for my Inspiron 2320; The main problem being that most games heat it up and with above-averge stress it begins to make a loud whistling sound.
Mind you, I'm not playing something as demanding as Crysis, but Skyrim on LOW graphics make it loud within 10 seconds!

In terms of games the most graphic intensive games I would play would be Team Fortress 2, Left 4 dead 2, Fallout 3, for at very most 3 hours a time, all on medium to high settings, never the highest; I'd rather play in lower settings than have preformance issues.

Here's the setup I'm considering:
Chassis & Display - PowerGlide Extreme: 24" Matte Full HD Non-Touch Screen (1920x 1080)
Processor - Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770S (3.1GHz) 8MB Cache
Memory - 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card - 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk - 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
Everything else is set to default.

I should note that I don't see the difference between the Intel processors & S-processors, or the series 6 and 7 Nvidia graphics.
Plus I don't think I need 2 DVIs unless the Nvidia 660 is much better than the 650.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any advice or changes would be greatly appriecated! :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Do you have a budget? Is the AIO essential? You could try desktop instead with a silent case, for gaming an i5 is a better choice than the i7.

Oink

I was considering the AIO because my current one is a huge improvment over my old laptop, but I'd be willing to switch if there was one with decent display size.

Also I assumed i7 was better than the i5, that a big help to know, thanks!

Edit: I can spend around €1000, a little higher if completely nessicary

Last edited: