Air temperature of the room for a gaming PC

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster
Basically within the next two weeks I'm going to order a new Gaming PC and I was wondering because of the heatwave that seems like it's never going to go away, my room is like 30 degrees at times. Is this going to badly affect the PC and if so how should I deal with it? I don't have any air con or anything like that to cool my room. For reference the main parts of the build are: FRACTAL DESIGN ARC MIDI R2 MID-TOWER CASE, Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4570 (3.2GHz) 6MB Cache, 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770, 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe. (also having an extra roof extractor fan fitted)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You may end up with a slight increase in temps on full load but really it wont matter at all. That CPU can run up to 90 degrees, unless you are stress testing the system it wont reach that. 30 degrees is only a few degrees hotter than normal room temp so don't worry about it.

Anyway it's not often we get these temps, makes a change from running GPU/CPU stress tests just to use you PC as a heater in the winter, or is that just me?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I wouldn't worry about the PC, I would worry about you. I haven't felt like playing for a few weeks due to the heat as my room is extremely hot. The past few days I've kept all curtains closed and a fan on and it hasn't been too bad but still not great!

Outerarm

As the guys say you should be OK.

I admit that with the heat I got a bit worried earlier in the week so started monitoring GPU temp and noticed it started pushing 85. Downloaded EVGA Precision X tool and redefined the fan profile to up the fan speed and now running at around 70 under full load (BF3 over 3 monitors, ultra settings). I'll also be getting a desk fan for the study to blow more air over the box and will be giving it a good clean with compressed air later tonight.