Airflow

Nilxo12

Case : CORSAIR SPEC-ALPHA MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Trying to get the best possible airflow for the system, I have the CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 attached in the front with a push and pull airflow going (4 Fans attached) acting as Exhaust
2 Fans on top acting as exhaust, And rear as exhuast
only one intake which is the bottom beside the PSU going full power.

and advice on how to improve it?

Nilxo12

Case CORSAIR SPEC-ALPHA MID TOWER GAMING CASE - BLACK/RED
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS X HERO: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk 1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD - UP TO 5X FASTER THAN HDD!
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste EK-TIM ECTOTHERM THERMAL COMPOUND

I just wanna keep as much heat away as i can away from my components. specially on full load.

steaky360

Unless there's something actually wrong with the inside of your case (you've installed a woolly jumper to keep your GPU warm for example) I don't think there's going to be an appreciable way to remove any additional heat without installing more powerful (and therefore louder) fans. Any heat that is building up in your rig will most likely be minimal and nothing to worry about :).

Unless you can tell us differently? In which case we're all ears, if you're having a lot of heat build up then it could be a sign of something else.

I hope this doesn't sound patronising, its not meant to, just trying to put any fears you may have at ease :)

Nilxo12

I love the woolly jumper pun... I have the Zotac 1080ti mini, I mean i ordered the founder, but i can't complain... its better and smaller..
It reaches temp of 85c(GPU) i know its standard playing games at ultra settings etc. but got a bit worried when it reaches those numbers in just barely 1hr of gaming time.

But yes I am planning on buying BETTER case fans and upgrading my cooler fans for better ones...
thanks for your advice though.

Also my Radiator is now acting as an intake rather than exhaust if that makes any difference in temp. :turned:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
but got a bit worried when it reaches those numbers in just barely 1hr of gaming time.
That's more or less normal, or at least 84 degrees is quite normal. In fact it would be normal for it to hit 84 degrees within a few minutes of gaming.

It's probably not the airflow of the case that's the issue. The 1080 ti Mini isn't a cool GPU - since the 1080 ti runs quite hot, and the mini-cooler isn't ideal versus some beefier (and more expensive) options. See:
https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/74...x-performance-breakthrough-cooling-efficiency
https://www.kitguru.net/components/...x-1080-ti-mini-review-the-worlds-smallest/11/

Also if GPU temps are your main concern I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to have air that's been warmed up from dissipating heat from your CPU coming off the radiator feeding the GPU, versus cool air from outside the case. With the radiator up top (as an intake..? with the air being exhausted out the back? fluid dynamics aren't really my thing.. but either way, it avoids warm air directly feeding your GPU)

I'd have probably bought a different case if that concerned about airflow e.g. Carbide Air 540.

If noise isn't a major issue - and with all the fans you're using I doubt it is - you could/should set a more aggressive fan profile for the GPU's fans. You didn't say you'd done that yet.