All Hail - The Great Vortex IV is being retired

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, absolute Kudos to PCS, my trusty faithfull Vortex IV bought March 2014 is finally being retired in that I'll be donating it to my nephew for light gaming and school work, I'm sure he'll be investigating the dark web and a crypto billionaire within months.

So this thing ran for almost exactly 9 1/2 years, literally every day, withstood travel, kept me safe. Built like an absolute tank. It was the last of the proper brick designs before everything started going thin and light. It's a testament to just how good those early Core processors were before Intel went with a decade of incremental updates.

I've been still gaming on it, although remasters like the Masterchief collection, Black Mesa and the Bioshock remasters.

View attachment 20230924_193507089_iOS.jpg

Bow wow, dear friend, Bow wow!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Well, absolute Kudos to PCS, my trusty faithfull Vortex IV bought March 2014 is finally being retired in that I'll be donating it to my nephew for light gaming and school work, I'm sure he'll be investigating the dark web and a crypto billionaire within months.

So this thing ran for almost exactly 9 1/2 years, literally every day, withstood travel, kept me safe. Built like an absolute tank. It was the last of the proper brick designs before everything started going thin and light. It's a testament to just how good those early Core processors were before Intel went with a decade of incremental updates.

I've been still gaming on it, although remasters like the Masterchief collection, Black Mesa and the Bioshock remasters.

View attachment 38694

Bow wow, dear friend, Bow wow!

Hannah McBride: Current Author, Former Irish Banana: My Life As a ...