All In One Opinions

Hi all I am a newbie here and new to creating my own PC. I currently own my own all in one (an Acer Z5610) which I fear may be on its last legs so am torn between buying a Dell (pretty pricey) and trying my hand here at building my own. I'd be looking to use the All in One for media purposes and writing using Word. An All in One is needed as I don't have the space for the big towers. My chosen specs are as follows:-

Maestro II Ultima

Maestro 23.6 inch Multi-touch (1920x1080)

Intel Core i7

16GB KINGSTON Memory

Nvidia 750 M 2GB Graphics Card

WD Black Dual Drive 120GB AND 1TB Hard Drive

6 x BluRay Writer and DVD rw

4 in 1 Card Reader

Onboard 8 Channel (7.1) Hi Def Audio

GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS N-7260 + BLUETOOTH

4 X 3.0 usb pORTS 2.0 X 2.0 usb ports

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

2013 Microsoft Home and Office

Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

2 X Integrated 5w Speakers

Any opinions are welcome and certainly advice. I do presume all of those components will be practical.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
You could get a meaty laptop for that budget... is a laptop definitely out of the question?

sanj

The spec you have mentioned will be more than enough for your need's,ram is a little overkill but I suppose if it fall's within your budget why not!:yes:

T

TheGeeza

Just buy a proper PC.
The OP said he didn't have enough space for a full tower PC.
Maybe you could suggest a build. Would be of more use than that reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have a laptop with decent specs which I only really use when I am away from home for a few days. At home I like to use a desktop and space has limited me to an all in one and I do prefer the lack of cables everywhere and a hulking great big tower drive beside the monitor. I have now become attached to all in ones.

I will probably cut the RAM back to perhaps 8GB

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
No I haven't. I suppose I am quite stuck on the idea of a new All in One. What would that entail?

You could just buy a monitor, keyboard and mouse and just plug them into the laptop, you should be able to get the laptop working with the screen down, plus it'll save you a load of money :)