All In One Systems?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any real interest in all-in-one systems, and would you like the ability to configure one to your requirements? We're looking into supplying a customisable one as per this:

aio.jpg

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
ODD - DVDRW/Blu-ray
Wifi
Webcam
Touch Screen
TV Tuner

Would be Atom based so prob D510 or D525.

Not gaming but great for family PC, interactive for the kids and good prodyct to sit in your kitchen - for example you could be cooking a meal and have the ingredients list loaded up or the program running.

LDUK

Master Poster
ODD - DVDRW/Blu-ray
Wifi
Webcam
Touch Screen
TV Tuner

Would be Atom based so prob D510 or D525.

Not gaming but great for family PC, interactive for the kids and good prodyct to sit in your kitchen - for example you could be cooking a meal and have the ingredients list loaded up or the program running.

Dosn't sound too bad. I'm guessing a very finger printy screen lol. Whats the damage?

Matt

Bright Spark
Sounds like a good idea, do you get a lot of families buying from you? I had always assumed that on the whole more families would buy from somewhere like PC World for convenience.

Any way you could conduct some sort of survey to assess possible interest?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
For the 18.5" version it will be around £280 - £300, maybe even cheaper.

Gorman

Author Level
I can see there being a small market for it, windows 7 and a touchscreen is nice for a browsing / home machine.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a good idea, do you get a lot of families buying from you? I had always assumed that on the whole more families would buy from somewhere like PC World for convenience.

We cater for everyone from families to extreme gamers to education and government :)

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
If you did decide to start stocking the all in one computers what would you do to stand out from the other companys selling them, i mean there isnt much you can do to customise them from what they are, all the big electrical companys like currys, comet n pcworld all do them, so how would you tempt people into going with you? Price? More choices? Obviously you would win hands down on tech support and advice etc. Just putting out a thought :)

Gorman

Author Level
As usual i think we would lean towards the custom build thing. Box shifting just isnt worth it imho.

And by custom builds i mean, components not offering it in pink :)

Matt

Bright Spark
As usual i think we would lean towards the custom build thing. Box shifting just isnt worth it imho.

And by custom builds i mean, components not offering it in pink :)

A pink one? sign me up now please :)

Just to clarify, i was not interested in a pink laptop.

For some reason i feel like this information needs to be thrown out there. :D