All is not as good as it first seemed. G Sync not recognised.

barlew

Godlike
Unfortuneately still no laptop as it is still in testing however I had a pleasent surprise from the blue today.
Andrew from the customer care team emailed me to confirm my bank details.
As the Vyper is £56 cheaper than the price I paid for the Vortex (even with all the upgraded parts and warranty which PCS are probably not obliged to agree too) they are refunding me the difference.
This is somthing i didnt ask for as i was satisfied with the outcome so it was suffice to say an extremely pleasent surprise.

barlew

Godlike
So the latest update is a bit of an anti climax.
The laptop has now been in testing for 6 working days, after being told the laptop should be shipped Tuesday and delivered Wednesday I am fairly dissapointed. Noone seems to be able to tell me why there is a hold up or when I can expect delivery.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So the latest update is a bit of an anti climax.
The laptop has now been in testing for 6 working days, after being told the laptop should be shipped Tuesday and delivered Wednesday I am fairly dissapointed. Noone seems to be able to tell me why there is a hold up or when I can expect delivery.
I'm gonna raise this with the customer services manager if that's ok? See if we can at least get an answer for you, if not get it sped up.

barlew

Godlike
I'm gonna raise this with the customer services manager if that's ok? See if we can at least get an answer for you, if not get it sped up.

I would appreciate that mate.

I know the outcome is fantastic but I was initially told the laptop would be built and tested as my complaint went through to be sent as soon as my old Vortex had been inspected.

I was then told this did not infact happen but it would be pushed through as an internal priority and I would receive it no later than the end of this week.

I was then told that actually it should be posted Tuesday to arrive Wednesday.

I have tried to talk to customer support on live chat but they say there is nothing they can do to speed it up and they are unable to get me any specifics on the testing or delivery date.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would appreciate that mate.

I know the outcome is fantastic but I was initially told the laptop would be built and tested as my complaint went through to be sent as soon as my old Vortex had been inspected.

I was then told this did not infact happen but it would be pushed through as an internal priority and I would receive it no later than the end of this week.

I was then told that actually it should be posted Tuesday to arrive Wednesday.

I have tried to talk to customer support on live chat but they say there is nothing they can do to speed it up and they are unable to get me any specifics on the testing or delivery date.
Leave it with me, I'll get back to you asap.

barlew

Godlike
So now I've had the laptop for 24 hours and got It set just right I am absolutely blown away.

Firstly the build quality blows the Vortex out of the water the all metal chassis really is very nice.

Secondly the performance also blows the Vortex out of the water.

It is interesting to compare the two as I now believe the problems with the Vortex stemmed from Its temperatures under load. When I got the laptop I did query that the CPU sitting in the 90's and GPU sitting in the high 80's was normal and I was assured it was. Even with an under-volt and multiple re-pastes applied that laptop stayed in the high 80's low 90's.

This Vyper with an under-volt applied does not get out of the 70's on either the CPU or GPU when playing the latest games. This is crazy when you compare how thin this laptop is to the Vortex.

Any way thank-you PCS for your customer care I think my faith is restored.

And thank-you to everyone here for all of the support you have provided throughout the process.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So now I've had the laptop for 24 hours and got It set just right I am absolutely blown away.

Firstly the build quality blows the Vortex out of the water the all metal chassis really is very nice.

Secondly the performance also blows the Vortex out of the water.

It is interesting to compare the two as I now believe the problems with the Vortex stemmed from Its temperatures under load. When I got the laptop I did query that the CPU sitting in the 90's and GPU sitting in the high 80's was normal and I was assured it was. Even with an under-volt and multiple re-pastes applied that laptop stayed in the high 80's low 90's.

This Vyper with an under-volt applied does not get out of the 70's on either the CPU or GPU when playing the latest games. This is crazy when you compare how thin this laptop is compared to the Vortex.

Any way thank-you PCS for your customer care I think my faith is restored.

And thank-you to everyone here for all of the support you have provided throughout the process.
That's such a good result to a long and drawn out difficult period, that's brilliant! Now you can finally get down and enjoy some decent performance!