Almost there !!!

liamnic2

Super Star
yo guys

Hopefully going to be ordering this month. Its my birthday on the 14th so Im hoping to get enough for the PC. I might take longer since Im going to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo as a preasent from my Mum but I would choose that over a PC anyday.

Here it is.

Case
CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 500R WHITE MID TOWER CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-3770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
90GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)

Processor Cooling
SPIRE GEMINI REV.3-THERMAX HDT TWIN FAN CPU COOLER (£39)

Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCI-E Soundcard (£49) *SPECIAL*

Network Facilities
2 x HomePlug 200Mbps - Turn any Electrical Socket into a Network (£38)

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® MK250 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (£21)

Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH (£39)

Just a few Q's.

I have a set of these : http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/6317323/830373912/Devolo-dLAN-Duo-Starter-Kit-Homeplug-Bridge/ListingDetails.html

They have a transfer rate of 14Mbps. Do you think is enough ? Or go for the 200mbps PCS homeplugs.

Is the new Spire cooler small enough that it will allow the 500R side fan in the case with it.

And last. Is there anything wrong in this spec ?

Edit: Just before anyone suggests I change. Im getting the sound card in hoping that I win one of speakers up for graps in the prize draw. Even the runner up speakers are decent enough.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I would get the 330 intel SSD 120gb for a few pounds extra, you are buying the sound card just to have a chance of winning a prize? I rather spent that money on an i7 3770k or get the i5 3570k if you are going with that cooler.

liamnic2

Super Star
I would get the 330 intel SSD 120gb for a few pounds extra, you are buying the sound card just to have a chance of winning a prize? I rather spent that money on an i7 3770k or get the i5 3570k if you are going with that cooler.

I would rather have a chance to get a kick ass set speakers than buy a cheaper pair. I dont see why I would need such a big SSD. The only things I would be saving on it is my OS, simple files, flash files etc.. I think 90GB would be enough.

Im getting the Spire because my room is normally way too hot. Plus I get a bit paranoid about cooling. I dont plan to OC or anything past stock speed.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I would rather have a chance to get a kick ass set speakers than buy a cheaper pair.
Fair enough.
My understanding is that with cpu coolers you usually notice the difference in quality when stressing the CPU which is unlikely to happen while gaming unless you run prime95. My room also gets hot and running 1 desktop with the standard intel CPU cooler does not create any problems with temperatures after several hours of gaming. The Spire, however, is a nice looking cooler.

Last edited:

liamnic2

Super Star
Fair enough.
My understanding is that with cpu coolers you usually notice the difference in quality when stressing the CPU which is unlikely to happen while gaming unless you run prime95. My room also gets hot and running 1 desktop with the standard inte
CPU cooler does not create any problems with temperatures after several hours of gaming. The Spire, however, is a nice looking cooler.

My room gets hot because it is soo small. Also because the heating reacts soo fast turning on but soo slow going off. My room is soo small that you get jail cells bigger than my room. When ever I watch cops with cameras UK I get annoyed because the cool down rooms, or whatever their called, are bigger than my room.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Liam, I think you are in a unique position on these forums, in that you have actually seen about half a dozen advances in technology from joining to ordering :) Most of us have to ummm and ahhhh over whether to buy before the next CPU level comes out...you could build an entirely new PC with the changes since a year and a bit ago! :D

Good luck once you finally hit that button this month :)

liamnic2

Super Star
Liam, I think you are in a unique position on these forums, in that you have actually seen about half a dozen advances in technology from joining to ordering :) Most of us have to ummm and ahhhh over whether to buy before the next CPU level comes out...you could build an entirely new PC with the changes since a year and a bit ago! :D

Good luck once you finally hit that button this month :)

I know. lol. But finally Im getting a decent PC. But it has to be now or I will never get it.

Oh what am I saying. Something new will come out soon and I'll be back on forums planning to buy another spec.

Cant wait though. :)

*Next year and still no PC.*

Me on forums : Oh guys can you just check this spec ?