Am I a fool for considering a 1660 Ti with this 17.3 recoil laptop ?

What has swayed me to this machine is the keyboard in part but am I a fool for choosing this set up ? I really was trying to keep budge for a max 1500 gbp, that said I have had my current laptop for 7 and half years so I expect to keep this machine for a similar time scale. For a huge price bump I could opt for the gtx 2070 but do you wise internet folks think that is a good idea or not ?

Thanks in advance any and all advice would be appreciated and welcome!

Chassis & Display
Recoil Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE 7mm SERIAL ATA III 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 128MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor
1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Battery
Recoil II Series 46WH Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language
PER-KEY RGB BACKLIT UK QUIET MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Insurance
Simplesurance Purchase Protection inc. Accidental Damage. Excludes Theft
Chassis
TongFang GK7CP6S (6GB GTX-1660 Ti, i7-9750H, 144Hz)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Price: £1,442.00 including VAT and Delivery

Without knowing what it's for it's hard to advise?
Right sorry, well its for home use not work. I love to game and I would say I'm talking more cities skylines then fortnight ! That said I do write a lot a lot on my laptop and use if for all the maybe normal home uses. I cast it wireless to my telly watch youtube a streaming services and such. Use it for my music and generally excessively browse the internet. The reason why I still prefer a laptop over a desktop is part not a lot of space where I live and it will occasional travel to friends and family homes but not expecting to lug a 17.3 machine to coffee shops or air planes and such

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Right sorry, well its for home use not work. I love to game and I would say I'm talking more cities skylines then fortnight ! That said I do write a lot a lot on my laptop and use if for all the maybe normal home uses. I cast it wireless to my telly watch youtube a streaming services and such. Use it for my music and generally excessively browse the internet. The reason why I still prefer a laptop over a desktop is part not a lot of space where I live and it will occasional travel to friends and family homes but not expecting to lug a 17.3 machine to coffee shops or air planes and such
You can happily drop to 16Gb RAM without affecting performance in any way, for your uses, there's no benefit to more, just won't be used.

It's worth getting the best GPU you can afford as that will be the first bottleneck in the future and you can't upgrade it.

If budget allows, I would push for the Vortex, it's the best chassis and screen for gaming that PCS do.

You can happily drop to 16Gb RAM without affecting performance in any way, for your uses, there's no benefit to more, just won't be used.

It's worth getting the best GPU you can afford as that will be the first bottleneck in the future and you can't upgrade it.

If budget allows, I would push for the Vortex, it's the best chassis and screen for gaming that PCS do.
Hmm I have heard similar advice over gpu before I guess that is true. as for chassis I am dead set on 17' so they vortex would be only 15 i think.
As for Ram i was thinking to save some cash and stick with 16gb but was thinking I would likely be sticking with 16gb or 32 for the next 5 years plus so maybe it would be a prudent measure to future proof ? I was looking today what I could do with the two 8gb sticks if I managed to afford the ram upgrade in years to come.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As for Ram i was thinking to save some cash and stick with 16gb but was thinking I would likely be sticking with 16gb or 32 for the next 5 years plus so maybe it would be a prudent measure to future proof ?
By the time over 16Gb is required for gaming, you'll have bought a new laptop, guarantee.

I was looking today what I could do with the two 8gb sticks if I managed to afford the ram upgrade in years to come.
You wouldn't need to replace the existing anyway, just add two more DIMMS, there are 4 DIMM slots on that chassis.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If the budget is there, always go for the highest CPU/GPU combo you can (within reason). The longevity of the laptop will be based on the parts that you can't upgrade. The better the spec of the laptop to begin with, in these areas, the longer it will last you regardless of your uses.

If the budget is there, always go for the highest CPU/GPU combo you can (within reason). The longevity of the laptop will be based on the parts that you can't upgrade. The better the spec of the laptop to begin with, in these areas, the longer it will last you regardless of your uses.
Hmm I guess that does make sense who knows maybe the price of ram will drop again in years to come and I suppose the cpu and gpu are for life. I've never upgraded a machine before but I would certainly look to it this time round.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
For home use 16GB is what is always recommended. There are reasons to go higher, but not many. 8GB is the minimum, but 16GB safeguards you for gaming in the future by a nice margin.

For home use 16GB is what is always recommended. There are reasons to go higher, but not many. 8GB is the minimum, but 16GB safeguards you for gaming in the future by a nice margin.
Yeah, I think I was maybe just getting greedy it's just so hard to edit yourself down when you see all these glorious spec's available but the most intensive thing I will be doing would be gaming I suppose and I still prefer chrome so that should help!