Amending Order, Delay Production?

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
Hey there, so i've recently ordered a custom built desktop from PCS, and is on its 10th working day in Pre-Production. Today I made a few ammendments, which have all been successfully paid and say 'will be added immediately'. I was wondering if these ammendments will effect the total build time of my order.

Thanks for any help :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I made quite a few amendments (13) and when requesting an update they told me it may delay my order a couple of days

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
LOL, well I made 3 separate amendment orders. I think I changed 8 things altogether. Is that an extra 2 days per order, or all together?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
lol @ 13 amendments...is there even 13 components in a pc :eek:

Well the waiting during pre-build took place just when I got paid and decided to upgrade some parts. I must say I should blame PCS for making it so easy to change components :turned:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I think it depends on how busy they are, if you call them you can get a quick update on your order.

Corfate

Author Level
I'd expect it to delay it about a day, 2 at the most. Ruben is the one to know, with his.. err, 'few' changes ;)

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
LOL, well I'm still on only 8 total changes. My order is on its 11th working day and still Pre-Production. The average lead times when I ordered was 10-12 days, so how will I find out if there is something out of stock. I haven't got chance of phoning them, I don't get home til after 5pm during the week. :L

keynes

Multiverse Poster
LOL, well I'm still on only 8 total changes. My order is on its 11th working day and still Pre-Production. The average lead times when I ordered was 10-12 days, so how will I find out if there is something out of stock. I haven't got chance of phoning them, I don't get home til after 5pm during the week. :L

What I usually do is go to amendments and change to a quicker building time and if something is out of stock it should appear there.

Rakk

The Awesome
You can check sort of as rubensolo half suggested by creating a new spec and seeing if you can fast track it, that will show you if everything is currently in stock, however do note, until your build is about to start, what is currently in stock doesn't generally make much difference, things are generally going in and out of stock rapidly, because PCS work it out so that they don't have excess stock lying around.

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
I went on build a computer using the exact same specs and selected 3 day building and it didn't pop up anything about out of stock. I presume this means the items I have picked are in stock?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I believe that is correct. However unless you have chosen 3 or 5 day building it does not guarantee that any items in stock may be allocated to your order. 3 and 5 day building have a greater priority.

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
Ahh I see, well fingers crossed something happens to my order soon. It feels like its been forgotten about.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ahh I see, well fingers crossed something happens to my order soon. It feels like its been forgotten about.

Mine went to building in the 11th working day, I had to do one more amendment because the GPU I ordered was constantly out of stock so hopefully my pc goes into testing tomorrow (15th working days so far)

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
Awesome, I presume it will be anyday soon now then that it moves on to building, despite making the changes on the 10th and 11th working days?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just to add a note here for anyone reading this thread - I would say 95% of everything we sell is either in stock or on order and therefore we do not recommend multiple order amendments. Generally, amending your order will increase lead times, especially if your order has already entered or surpassed the building stages.

Yrubdarb

Bronze Level Poster
I thought the 3 amendments I gradually made to my order would slow things down. I was told at the start that my computer would probably take roughly 3 weeks to arrive anyway. I'm not worried.

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
I contacted PCS today through the live chat thing and they said they would put my order on fast track, and that it would go in to building today. The thing is though its still in Pre-Production.