Amending order in testing phase.

Haider

Hi everyone. I recently amended my CPU in the testing phase which has been 1 day now.
Would the CPU be changed and then the PC re-tested? or would I have to cancel and reorder? Currently, the amendment has gone through and I have been given a credit note.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
However, they might be an amendment cost because it's already been built with the original cpu. But I'm not 100% sure on this. I wasn't even aware you could amend once it's gone into building.

Haider

You can amend any time up until it goes into testing I believe..however, it incurs an amendment charge for each item once it has started build. I believe it may be something like £30 for the amendment once in build. In the case of the OP, I am guessing they already factored that into the credit note amount.
You're right there was an amendment fee, it was around £9.

Rakk

The Awesome
Is that all? Wow...could have sworn it was more expensive. Given that they have to remove and then reinstall parts, £9 is a bargain :)
I think it depends what stage its in, more expensive the more stages you've gone through,

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I guess the charge (and maybe possibility of an amendment) might depend on what you wanted to change. Selecting a different motherboard at a late stage would lead to a huge amount of work.