An example of upcoming game graphics

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I might have said this before, but I'm saying it again.

This is the first time in recent years I've personally sat up and taken notice of what's happening. The last time I was wowed like this was the PS1, and we all know the leap that presented.

This is mind blowing and I think (and hope) these techniques are going to make games take months instead of years to develop. Truly ingenious implementation.

That graveyard game looks fantastic, the underwater scene is mind blowing. The don't scream game sound like a great laugh if they can make it party play.

Imagine being able to sit in the scenes of your favourite movies...... that's where we're going. VR gaming just got a MASSIVE upgrade potential.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I might have said this before, but I'm saying it again.

This is the first time in recent years I've personally sat up and taken notice of what's happening. The last time I was wowed like this was the PS1, and we all know the leap that presented.

This is mind blowing and I think (and hope) these techniques are going to make games take months instead of years to develop. Truly ingenious implementation.

That graveyard game looks fantastic, the underwater scene is mind blowing. The don't scream game sound like a great laugh if they can make it party play.

Imagine being able to sit in the scenes of your favourite movies...... that's where we're going. VR gaming just got a MASSIVE upgrade potential.
The underwater one was mind blowing, that’s incredibly hard to do and make so realistic.

I was always told that particle physics were the hardest things to achieve in graphics and certainly took the most GPU power, and now with Nanite and Lumen, that really does seem to be an everyday achievement. And sometimes the best advancements are when they're able to achieve more with less, the significance of render times being 100th of what they were, or the power requirements and speed of in game rendering being reduced so significantly, those are the impacts that can change things so massively.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Do you think they went to a Pollock exhibit for inspiration?

I know the method will be incredibly complex and calculated, but the description of it sounded like action/abstract/splatter to me :LOL:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So this is a new VR experience that's just had the demo released called Subside.

This is by a SINGLE DEVELOPER!!! I have no idea how they've achieved this, it's insane! Must have taken an AWFULLY LONG TIME!!!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Unreal Engine 5 is appearing in more and more games and looks incredible for the most part. It's mindblowing that there's almost certainly going to be a UE6 in a few years!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unreal Engine 5 is appearing in more and more games and looks incredible for the most part. It's mindblowing that there's almost certainly going to be a UE6 in a few years!
It does seem like UE5 has made exceptional graphical design and lighting just quite a simplistic process. If a single dev can achieve a VR world like that, imagine what whole games houses are going to be able to do like CDProject Red or Naughty Dog!

It's just mind boggling.