An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-EpicGamesLauncher

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Keep getting this on the laptop, tried uninstall and reinstall, happens when i log in, anyone any ideas, all drivers etc are up to date

1709937280144.png

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Keep getting this on the laptop, tried uninstall and reinstall, happens when i log in, anyone any ideas, all drivers etc are up to date

View attachment 40414
seems like a problem that a few people are having by this link anyway

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
seems like a problem that a few people are having by this link anyway

Yeah found that after posting here, tried it all but no joy

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I see you're already on there, but worth trying this if you haven't:
"Finally I can fix it,
Just DONWLOAD the installation package from the official Epic Games website and install it in the same directory as when you first installed Epic Games, after that open the control panel → Uninstall a program → select EpicGameLauncher-> repair
both my devices run smoothly to download several games (Dakar Desert Rally & Rise Of The Tomb Raider)
Previously, when downloading games, it always crashed in the first 1-2 GB
I hope this method can also solve other problems"

Cheers @SpyderTracks just tried with no joy as it just sticks on this then

Screenshot 2024-03-08 231145.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Cheers @SpyderTracks just tried with no joy as it just sticks on this then

View attachment 40415
After reading through that thread further, that one I posted seemed perhaps related to another issue

It appears to be mainly affecting dual monitor setups.

If you temporarily unplug your second monitor, then do an epic games launcher repair from apps and features, then reboot and see if the errors still happen?

If they don't, then try reenabling the second monitor and see if they return.

My suspicion is that it's the toast notification pop up coming up on the secondary monitor is the cause, but something in Unreal Engine that the launcher is built on that's falling over for whatever reason.

I think it needs an update from Epic to fully resolve

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think it needs an update from Epic to fully resolve
Yeah that's the conclusion I've come to as well, as this is on laptop, so only the one screen, not checked it on Berserker

This looks promising from that thread:

If anyone else gets here, I couldn't get any repair or reinstall to work properly until I removed the EpicGamesLauncher folder from my AppData\Local directory. ie: delete C:\Users\yourUsernameHere\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher

Then I just restarted to be safe and reinstalled, and everything worked.
Will give this a try