And then it was ordered!

Well I ordered this from PCS yesterday, and while I await access to my account to eagerly watch it transition from parts to a delivered laptop I thought i'd post up.
So without further a do here it is.

Chassis & Display
Vortex II: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2860QM (2.50GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M - DirectX® 11 (15.6" Vortex II)
Memory - Hard Disk
240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
2nd HDD HARD DRIVE OPTICAL BAY CADDY
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ULTIMATE-N 6300 (450Mbps)

I'll be running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on this. It will be used for Gaming (Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 1,2,3, etc) Also it will be used for extensive Photoshop and Lightroom use, and some dreamweaver.
I think it should do the job ;)

So any thoughts ladies and gents?

Can I just put a shout out to Craig Whitely who helped answer my bagful of questions prior to buying, and to the Fraud team and Order tracking team for helping me check up on the on going order.
I'll update with a full on review once a receive it and i'll also review the service.

While i'm typing can I just say to PCS that i only stumbled on your company by accident, and I feel you don't promote your customizable laptops enough, as as far as i can make out, your the only people offering such a dynamic list of options.

Luke.

Thanks chief, should be interesting to see it in action.

my current laptop is only

Intel Duo core 2.5ghz
DDR 1333mhz 4gb
nVidia 8800GTX
160gb 7,200rpm

so this is a magic carpet in comparison,

dangro474

Bright Spark
Same spec as mine more or less, congratulations :p Drop me a PM witht he titles you'd like to play if you want me to run a few benchmarks!

I would recommend upgrading to the 95% Matte screen if oyu can afford to. You've never seen colours as vibrant before, and once you've used a matte screne you won't be able to go back to X-Glass / Glossy :p

TBH while i appreciate the advise, always love advice, i've come to love glossy screens as the matt ones, look flat to me. I've never seen one which gave crisp text. So I shall pass.

I've nnoticed recently that the 2nd hard drive is rattling, i've worked out most of it however i've removed the screw in the tab which seems to hold it in, once i push it through it seems stuck, i didn't want to force it is there anything i've missed?