annoying Windows 10 crashed my Laptop

chrissib

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, I had an upgrade forced onto me by windows 10, and after my pc wouldn't even boot.

Lost all my desktop, all my files. Luckily my really important stuff was backed up on an external hard disk, but had to get help from Microsoft just to get a working pc back.

None of the rollbacks would work, no restore points were found. No repairs were working, so had to rest to factory start with them.

So got my pc back, but now nothing which was on the desktop is there now. No files in download, or documents. And Facebook is weird. It now goes across the whole page, with all videos in the middle or covers the whole screen, with all resolution lost. I have looked on forums and everyone says it's to do with zoom, but I have adjusted this both ways in and out, and it only changes the text. The position of the posts remain going across the whole screen unlike normal FB where it scrolls down the centre. I have also lost the ability to run over things with my mouse.
I have tried more than one browser.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I had an upgrade forced onto me by windows 10, and after my pc wouldn't even boot.

Lost all my desktop, all my files. Luckily my really important stuff was backed up on an external hard disk, but had to get help from Microsoft just to get a working pc back.

None of the rollbacks would work, no restore points were found. No repairs were working, so had to rest to factory start with them.

So got my pc back, but now nothing which was on the desktop is there now. No files in download, or documents. And Facebook is weird. It now goes across the whole page, with all videos in the middle or covers the whole screen, with all resolution lost. I have looked on forums and everyone says it's to do with zoom, but I have adjusted this both ways in and out, and it only changes the text. The position of the posts remain going across the whole screen unlike normal FB where it scrolls down the centre. I have also lost the ability to run over things with my mouse.
I have tried more than one browser.

Have you installed your drivers? With a clean windows installation which is what you’ve done, you’ll have to make sure your drivers are correctly installed.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Have you installed your drivers? With a clean windows installation which is what you’ve done, you’ll have to make sure your drivers are correctly installed.

This is most likely the correct answer and it sounds like you may not be running the screen at its native resolution.

Depending on how you recovered you might have a Windows.old folder - if so, look to see if there's a users\<your login name> folder. Your desktop etc will be there.

If not, and you didn't have those files in your backup there's not much you can really do at this point.