Another rma for my pc is there anything i can try before it goes back again?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
i have checked all connection on commander core , would you be able to tell me where the sata connection would be at all, to make sure i did check that, not very good with all this really ?
You need to trace the cable coming out of the commander to the power connector, red circle is power, green is USB header, Green star goes to pump

1645113666072.png

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Your motherboard has 2 USB internal headers, at the bottom of the board. Your Corsair would/should be connected to one, and the second one might be free, or potentially your "WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD" might be connected to it. If you only have two USB 9 pin devices to connect, a hub would not be needed.

View attachment 32397
Yeah, you are right, looking at the spec again i see the 3 x LL120's were removed so 2 headers will be enough, one for WiFi, one for Commander Core

my username

You could buy a commander core from amazon to check if the core you have is faultly, as final measure amazon have a good returns policy,
because its not the pump disconnecting, its the commander core itself.

leea123

Enthusiast
Your motherboard has 2 USB internal headers, at the bottom of the board. Your Corsair would/should be connected to one, and the second one might be free, or potentially your "WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD" might be connected to it. If you only have two USB 9 pin devices to connect, a hub would not be needed.

View attachment 32397
thank you have checked them connections all secure

1645115119504.jpeg

leea123

Enthusiast

View attachment 32397
had a little play with them connections , put a little pressure to make sure they was in place secure, did not feel like i did anything but since then , had no issues . Will see how it goes next couple of days and if ok will cancel the rma , no point sending back if ok

leea123

Enthusiast
OK so an update on this . Pc came back today . They said they could not get the issue to happen , no disconnect for icue or anything from cooler . I have had chats with them during this process . They have also renewed the motherboard and the aio in case there was an issue there .

They also advised me if it happens again to remove some of my corsair items that are in i cue to see if it is something that is causing the issue .Had pc on about an hour or so and just letting it run with a game on to see if any issues .

I can not fault the service i have got from pcs , i am hoping it was a cooler issues or motherboard as they have now been replaced . If still happens i will remove a corsair product one at a time and see if it stops it and should be able to pin point the issue if there is something not right still.

I will post an update on this is the next few days to let you know if what they did fixed it or it was a conflict with another corsair item in icue causing the aio problem .

Hope this can help someone in the future . quck note i have removed my corsair led mouse mat as i really did not like it and replaced my corsair mmo mouse with the razer naga. So two corsair items removed from icue anyway . Will post an update

leea123

Enthusiast
just an update, have had pc running for 24 hours now, so far so good no aio connection issues . so at moment looking like it was either mb issue, actual aio issue which both replaced by pcs or a result of me removing my usb corsair mouse mat and a different mouse and removing a possible conflict of some kind . More likely a componant that was replaced , could even have been a connection issue that was corrected during this process . Will post back in a couple of days and see if still ok

leea123

Enthusiast
Last update i will give, all seems good now, no aio issues any more, not cut out once on icue, no fans spinning up, no usb connect noises . Looks like its all good now, So from what was the changed got to put it down to the aio, motherboard or a bad bit of wiring that was replaced maybe .Only issue now is dying light 2 drops frames and stutters after an hour , but sure thats a game thing . Hope to enjoy the pc now with no more issues :)

leea123

Enthusiast
Hi all, So I had my pc back from RMA may be getting on a month now, regarding the aio keep connecting and disconnecting and vanishing from icue I was convinced at the time it was an issue between the cooler and motherboard, and a lot on here confirmed it could be an issue with Asus mb and corsair. Well since the RMA has returned I have not had this issue once and the MB and aio were replaced. So can only conclude maybe a faulty cooler, or MB was dropping the voltage to aio

So want to say thank you all for your help and advice on this issue.
regards
Lee