Another THX Audio Issue... Vortex 3 LE

Seer

So I've had my laptop about a week now and it's absolutely fantastic. I've been playing Guild Wars 2 on it very smoothly these last few days and it's all good. Apart from one thing... the THX Trusound Pro tool doesn't work at all, so the sound quality at all times is pretty lame...

I've uninstalled the THX Trusound Pro tool for now simply because it did nothing... I have a feeling it's something to do with this though:

MgZDW.png

It hasn't always been like that, however Trusound Pro has never picked up on my sound card. I don't know if it's a driver issue or something else... I'd just like to have audio that actually sounds good!

Also, the driver download page on the PCS site doesn't actually have ANY driver downloads for me and my laptop never came with a driver disk so... any sound driver links might help I guess...

Thanks,
~Seer

Seer

I've actually managed to crack this one. I think the main reason it was so confusing is because my laptop didn't come with a driver disk like I said. I found a driver download page on the CLEVO website that had all of the relevant drivers for my system and after installing the audio drivers from there it's working a LOT better.

The way it all went was like this:

1. Download and open CPU-Z, go to 'Mainboard' tab and take a note of the 'Model', in this case mine was P151EMx.
    2. Go to http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download.asp and select the corresponding model from the first drop down list, I figured mine was the 'P150EM/P151EM1/P170EM' one, which it turned out it was. Then select 'ALL' from the drivers dropdown list and press GO!
    3. There was a big ol' list of drivers right there.

It also has the THX Trusound Pro tool available for download on that page too which is quite handy considering I uninstalled it...