Any advice would be hugely helpful.

chabur

I'm entirely new to PC's and although I've been reading up on a lot of stuff, I know that there's always going to be someone that knows a lot more than me. If anyone could take a look at this and just give me a vague opinion I'd be over the moon. It's pretty much the very extent of my budget at £651.

Case COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD BULLDOZER QUAD CORE FX-4100 (3.60GHz/6MB CACHE/AM3)
Motherboard ASUS® M5A87: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)
Graphics Card 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD6770 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 500GB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE AMD CPU COOLER
Sound Card Sound Blaster® Audigy™ SE
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables 1 x 2 METRE DVI-D CABLE
Speakers LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

chabur

Sorry, completely slipped my mind. Mostly music playing and some light to medium gameplaying, but with newer games. Plus a ton of uni reading material, so the ability to have a lot of pages open at once would be a godsend.

Rakk

The Awesome
Yeah, as ace1 said, if you could let us know what your planned usage for the PC is, it would help.

At first glance and before knowing what you're using it for, the one thing I'll suggest is not getting the 'Sound Blaster® Audigy™ SE' card, cos you're unlikely to notice the difference between it and the onboard sound unless you need it for a specific reason.

Edit: nevermind, ignore the first bit of my post, you posted as I was writing :)

chabur

But do you think that the graphics card and CPU combination will be ok for gaming? I'll only really be playing the Total War games, but preferably on some of the higher settings.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
bg92 is right, asus soundcard is very good. For the cpu, I'd recommend getting a phenom rather than a bulldozer as they are better gaming cpus. For the gpu, get the best you can afford, the amd ones will probably get you a better card for a budget but I cannot be certain.