Any ETA for Vortex III 15.6 with other gfx option

dangro474

Bright Spark
Hi cwl999,

In a previous thread PCS stated that they would offer the Vortex III 15.6" with a Geforce 670M GTX once they have sold all of their Vortex II chassis (P170HM) w/ 560M GTX.

The 7970M should be available within a few months (final date not confirmed) and the 680M is still a while off (date not confirmed ~August/September).

---

What about the vortex iii with the latest Ivybridge processors? I've read that they are to be released on Monday the 23rd, does that mean that PCS have the stock already or is it just a paper announcement?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The processors are on order but Intel have not shipped these to us yet. We hope to be able to sell them on launch date. :)

---

The processors are on order but Intel have not shipped these to us yet. We hope to be able to sell them on launch date. :)

Launch date being the 29th?

EDIT: It looks like the stock for the 2.2ghz quad is low, will there be a chance to pre-order after the announcement tomorrow?

Last edited:

sillas

Hi I am new to this site and will probably by a laptop, heard that the ivybridge processors overheat is this true or are they stable ?

Thank you :)

csoren

Hi I am new to this site and will probably by a laptop, heard that the ivybridge processors overheat is this true or are they stable ?
That's an exaggeration. There is some evidence that points towards Ivy Bridge running slightly hotter and being slightly worse for overclocking than Sandy Bridge. It also looks like the top Ivy Bridge CPU has a worse TDP than expected.

While that's all very disappointing, it's not that same as "overheating" - far, FAR from it.

http://flyingsuicide.net/news/core-i7-3770k-ivy-bridge-has-higher-tdp-than-expected-runs-hot/