Any problems or easy upgrades/downgrades to my first pc build?

Hayden7

Not sure how I didn't notice before. If you switch out the motherboard for the Wifi version, you can ditch the Wifi card and save a couple of bucks. Also saves using the PCIe slot too :)

Rest looks great.
i’ve just changed the motherboard and wifi card now, did save me a few bucks thanks. also was wondering if 850W was necessary as it says it recommends 450W, i’m aware it gives it room to breathe but does it require that much with actually only using around 300W? i’m out of my depth on this entire subject but i just thought i’d double check :)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
i’ve just changed the motherboard and wifi card now, did save me a few bucks thanks. also was wondering if 850W was necessary as it says it recommends 450W, i’m aware it gives it room to breathe but does it require that much with actually only using around 300W? i’m out of my depth on this entire subject but i just thought i’d double check :)
The calculator is very rough, it uses that at it's baseline but when the parts are under load to they use more. Think of it this way, you car can run with the Rev counter blasting a 8000RPM but how how is it going to last doing that? Basically think of your PSU like that, you don't want to be revving the crap out of it as it'll just kill it quickly. minimum I would be comfortable with recommending with the final build you posted is 650W but then factor in you're pretty much locked at that.

It gives you very very little room for any upgrades or to add any other items

Hayden7

The calculator is very rough, it uses that at it's baseline but when the parts are under load to they use more. Think of it this way, you car can run with the Rev counter blasting a 8000RPM but how how is it going to last doing that? Basically think of your PSU like that, you don't want to be revving the crap out of it as it'll just kill it quickly. minimum I would be comfortable with recommending with the final build you posted is 650W but then factor in you're pretty much locked at that.

It gives you very very little room for any upgrades or to add any other items
thanks man, i mean i don’t mind spending an extra, like £20 so i can upgrade in the future. sounds good.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
thanks man, i mean i don’t mind spending an extra, like £20 so i can upgrade in the future. sounds good.
It's absolutely worth £20, three areas that people always try to save are the case, PSU & motherboard but these are the parts that you really should be putting extra money into. Every other component can be changed relatively easily but these are 3 building blocks of the machine, changing either of these often means getting a whole new build so it's always worth it to spend what little extra you can to stretch these