Any Suggestions for a 4K Monitor to Pair with Ionico 17.3"?

kshnnnn

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 4K monitor to link up to my Ionico 17.3".

Am I right in saying my dGPU is linked to the "DisplayPort through USB-C" only? And is the dGPU also linked to the USB 3.1 Gen2 connection on the left side of the laptop?

I'm asking because I'm trying to understand how to make the best of what I have in this laptop.

If dGPU is only linked to the DisplayPort through USB-C, then ideally, I should be looking for a 4K monitor that includes a USB-C upstream connection type. My question is, does it have to state that it's "upstream" to be used in this way?

Also, If I choose a 4K monitor that only supports USB 3.0 upstream connection type, then does that mean I will not be utilising the graphics card in my laptop (RTX 3070)?

Basically, I want a 4k monitor that uses the dGPU in my laptop so that I can get the best display results.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 4K monitor to link up to my Ionico 17.3".

Am I right in saying my dGPU is linked to the "DisplayPort through USB-C" only? And is the dGPU also linked to the USB 3.1 Gen2 connection on the left side of the laptop?

I'm asking because I'm trying to understand how to make the best of what I have in this laptop.

If dGPU is only linked to the DisplayPort through USB-C, then ideally, I should be looking for a 4K monitor that includes a USB-C upstream connection type. My question is, does it have to state that it's "upstream" to be used in this way?

Also, If I choose a 4K monitor that only supports USB 3.0 upstream connection type, then does that mean I will not be utilising the graphics card in my laptop (RTX 3070)?

Basically, I want a 4k monitor that uses the dGPU in my laptop so that I can get the best display results.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)
What would this be for and which GPU would you have in the Ionico?