Any way I can make this PC better?

Dazz

Hi,

In anyway I can make this specs better? I am not great with computers has I used to be, struggling to keep up to date.

I use this computer for work mainly, I use a few Adobe programs simultaneously, like , photoshop, illustrator, After effects while rendering on Media encoder, its usually fine, but sometimes struggles a bit more when its heavier files. is it worth to Upgrade the memory RAM for 32GB? will the Processor handle it, can I also upgrade the Processor? not really sure what o do here.

Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6600K (3.5GHz) 6MB Cache
MotherboardASUS® Z170-P: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!

hope someone can help me here,
thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

In anyway I can make this specs better? I am not great with computers has I used to be, struggling to keep up to date.

I use this computer for work mainly, I use a few Adobe programs simultaneously, like , photoshop, illustrator, After effects while rendering on Media encoder, its usually fine, but sometimes struggles a bit more when its heavier files. is it worth to Upgrade the memory RAM for 32GB? will the Processor handle it, can I also upgrade the Processor? not really sure what o do here.

Graphics Card4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!

hope someone can help me here,
thanks
We'd need the full specs if possible?

What's your budget for the upgrades?

Dazz

Is not really about budget, is more about, would it be possible to add extra RAM and it will make a difference or would I need to change a lot more to actually make it work smoother a faster. If you know what I mean?

specs bellow

CaseCORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 200R COMPACT GAMING CASE
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB SAMSUNG SM951 M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 2000MB/R, 650MB/W)
1st Storage Drive1TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is not really about budget, is more about, would it be possible to add extra RAM and it will make a difference or would I need to change a lot more to actually make it work smoother a faster. If you know what I mean?

specs bellow

CaseCORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES™ 200R COMPACT GAMING CASE
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB SAMSUNG SM951 M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 2000MB/R, 650MB/W)
1st Storage Drive1TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Processor CoolingCoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
To be honest I wouldn't spend any money on it, it's old ddr3 and we're now on DDR5, the PSU isn't large enough to support upgrades anyway.

I would put any money towards a new system

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There's lots of components in there that are much slower that what's around today, but which bit will make the most difference is debatable.

You'd need to upgrade the RAM, SSD, GPU and M.2...and then you're at a point where you need a new motherboard to support a newer CPU and faster M.2/RAM.