Anyone else looking forward to haswell ?.

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
After sending my laptop back for a refund i have to admit i may custom build a desktop on here when haswell comes out.

I think the hardest decision will be deciding if the 15-20% increase is worth it :sweatdrop:.

I suppose if i could clock the 4770K to 5GHz without making it sweat to much would be a selling point for me. I know IVY's 3770k did well at 4.6 but pushing it further needed some good cooling kits.

Anyone else feel the same or is it just me ?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It probably depends on your current cpu, if you got a sandy bridge or ivy bridge I don't think the upgrade is needed. You are better off upgrading your gpu instead if it is mainly for gaming.

steaky360

I agree with Keynes, although saying that, if I were in your position I may well have waited too.... Only thing is has it been confirmed that Haswell will run cooler than ivy? I would imagine they'd run hotter due to the smaller die, but I've not looked into it to be honest.

wolfmenseyes

Bronze Level Poster
Agree with you guys.

I really dont know what to do.

Could probably add a second GPU + 32gb ram on my ivy build but something tells me i would be better going with the haswell build because of the new features and motherboards :).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Agree with you guys.

I really dont know what to do.

Could probably add a second GPU + 32gb ram on my ivy build but something tells me i would be better going with the haswell build because of the new features and motherboards :).

32gb? What are you using it for? If you don't mind me asking what is your current spec?