Anyone have L4D2 on an SSD?

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
I'm curious to know if it actually speeds up the load times much before I go through the hassle of putting it on my SSD. I have a feeling the load times are mainly the time it's taking to connect to servers and thus having it on my SSD will be of little benefit... but what do I know.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I'm curious to know if it actually speeds up the load times much before I go through the hassle of putting it on my SSD. I have a feeling the load times are mainly the time it's taking to connect to servers and thus having it on my SSD will be of little benefit... but what do I know.

You will no doubt see a little bit of difference but I doubt it's worth it unless you have loads of free space. I don't tend to put games on my SSD unless I am playing it a lot and the loading times are disgustingly long.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Left 4 dead 2 loads really quickly on my hard drive anyway, almost instantly tbh, takes no more than 10 seconds to get to the menus, and the maps are usually loading slowly because of the data from the slow servers, if I remember correctly, I believe L4D uses player hosts like CoD, and as upload speeds are usually very limited in the UK at least, it will often be very slow

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
The actual load to the main menu is quick for me too, it's the getting into servers which takes like 30- 40 seconds.

Anyway, I thought I'd just try it out and yeah, there's no real noticeable difference. Oh well.