Anyone into XCOM style games?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well just noticed that Jagged Alliance 3 has been out for a week...pity I need to finish Diablo IV first, and get ready for Starfield!!!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
On a similar note, Xenonauts 2 released this week and if it's anything like the first game, is perhaps closer to the original XCOM games from the 1990s.

That being said, my priority over the next 5 or 6 weeks is to finally complete Psychonauts 2 and Wolfenstein 2. That'll give me the 90-odd GB I'll need to install Starfield.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On a similar note, Xenonauts 2 released this week and if it's anything like the first game, is perhaps closer to the original XCOM games from the 1990s.

That being said, my priority over the next 5 or 6 weeks is to finally complete Psychonauts 2 and Wolfenstein 2. That'll give me the 90-odd GB I'll need to install Starfield.
Or just get bigger, or more-bigger SSDs - an SSD-based NAS full of 4TB drives maybe?

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
Oh yes, love a turns based strategy. Nothing has ever beat the thrill of having my whole team repeatedly wiped out in the first mission in the original xcom back in the nineties. Happy days.
JA 3 is on my radar when it gets a bit cheaper. Also looking forward to this (which is also on gamepass from release):

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh yes, love a turns based strategy. Nothing has ever beat the thrill of having my whole team repeatedly wiped out in the first mission in the original xcom back in the nineties. Happy days.
JA 3 is on my radar when it gets a bit cheaper. Also looking forward to this (which is also on gamepass from release):

I thought JE3 was relatively expensive for what it was, but that's even more expensive...although the focus on non-military skills may make a change...more like Jagged Hogwarts 3.

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, if i didn't have gamepass i might be waiting on Lamplighters too. That said, my hundreds of hours in Battletech means my overall value for money ratio from paradox is pretty good.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Shadowrun is excellent too if you like this kind of style but want an RPG attached. Cannot recommend it enough
I have Shadowrun: Hong Kong available in the giveaway thread for anybody who may be interested!

Yeah, if i didn't have gamepass i might be waiting on Lamplighters too. That said, my hundreds of hours in Battletech means my overall value for money ratio from paradox is pretty good.
I've bought pretty much all of the main Paradox developed games plus DLC. I suspect I probably have to name my firstborn some Swedish name by now, but even with the (literally) thousands I've given Paradox over the last 20 years or so, I feel I've still had definite value for money!