Anyone know the install order for drivers etc?

pauhay158

Hey guys,

I'll be getting my Octane III soon and just wondered if anyone knows the particular order in which to install the Control Centre and Drivers for the laptop?

Mine will be coming without an OS as I already have Win 10 Pro x64.

I have read some stories of issues if the correct install order is not adhered to.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
I always install the system devices first (chipset) followed by network.

After that, the order isn't so critical. That's my own experiences, anyway.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Chipset first, VGA before external GPU, LAN before WLAN, and the rest generally don't matter.

pauhay158

Cheers guys :)

I'm an IT Engineer so I thought that would be the case, but just been hearing a lot on the forums that there is a particular order for the Clevo Laptops.

Many thanks all.

Paul.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
With the Clevo laptop install the control centre first. That's a software rather than a hardware, but it has BIOS connections due to the overclocking software and it really doesn't like getting installed near the end :D

After that the general rule of thumb is motherboard first (chipset, graphics, Lan, etc) and then stuff you would plug in, usually not in any particular order :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
With the Clevo laptop install the control centre first. That's a software rather than a hardware, but it has BIOS connections due to the overclocking software and it really doesn't like getting installed near the end :D

After that the general rule of thumb is motherboard first (chipset, graphics, Lan, etc) and then stuff you would plug in, usually not in any particular order :D

I would disagree with that personally as control center plugs in to most other drivers, you tend to need them installed first and install control center at the end so existing drivers are all there to be plugged into.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would disagree with that personally as control center plugs in to most other drivers, you tend to need them installed first and install control center at the end so existing drivers are all there to be plugged into.

You would think so, and I would tend to agree with you in normal circumstances... however, there have been loads of posts on various forums regarding the Clevo control panel not working. I received my laptop from PCS with a non-functioning control panel so I assumed it was some sort of software issue that needed a bug fix to get it working (it does need a bug fix but the work around is there). The simple solution was to install windows, install the clevo control panel and then install everything else.

There is something somewhere that causes an issue with it, what it is I have no idea as I haven't taken the time to research it. My solution was to install the control panel before anything else, and it worked. Similarly, when I noticed the issues with the control panel I tried to install XTU to overcome it, it wouldn't install either citing a driver conflict/issue/inaccessible. As soon as I reformatted I installed both the Clevo Control panel and XTU without any issues. Later, when I found the control panel worked flawlessly I removed XTU.

I've had no software issues since but I am confident if I reformatted and installed the control panel last that it wouldn't work.

pauhay158

Hey again Scotster,

As you know from the other thread, I have followed your Octane quite closely and I am impressed with the figures and reliability you have achieved so I trust your input on this.

Many thanks for confirming that issue.

Paul.

You would think so, and I would tend to agree with you in normal circumstances... however, there have been loads of posts on various forums regarding the Clevo control panel not working. I received my laptop from PCS with a non-functioning control panel so I assumed it was some sort of software issue that needed a bug fix to get it working (it does need a bug fix but the work around is there). The simple solution was to install windows, install the clevo control panel and then install everything else.

There is something somewhere that causes an issue with it, what it is I have no idea as I haven't taken the time to research it. My solution was to install the control panel before anything else, and it worked. Similarly, when I noticed the issues with the control panel I tried to install XTU to overcome it, it wouldn't install either citing a driver conflict/issue/inaccessible. As soon as I reformatted I installed both the Clevo Control panel and XTU without any issues. Later, when I found the control panel worked flawlessly I removed XTU.

I've had no software issues since but I am confident if I reformatted and installed the control panel last that it wouldn't work.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Fair enough, must be a bug with that particular chassis. Sounds conclusive like your solution works.