Anyone playing Aion currently?

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
So, Aions gone free to play, so I tried it out.

Did a search on here and found some old threads mentioning it, so does anyone still play it now?

Could use a few more friends on there lol.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I saw it had gone F2P and was thinking about installing it just to have a go. Yet to find time to do that, or indeed think i'd have time to play it currently. What are your thoughts on it?

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
I saw it had gone F2P and was thinking about installing it just to have a go. Yet to find time to do that, or indeed think i'd have time to play it currently. What are your thoughts on it?

Well, the game has nice visuals. Its prettier than wow I think, but as for most other aspects, I think Wow is superior.

Unfortunately, being f2p it does have some annoying restrictions (like trading, some legion/clan stuff etc), which can only be unlocked by buying a 'gold' package.

To me, as WoW was the first mmo I'd played really, (and its similar to this), I'm comparing it mostly to that.

I'll continue playing for a while and see hows it pans out when I'm a high enough level to do the 6 player instances etc.

However, I may go back to wow when the expansion is released, at least hopefully if theres a trial for when it is.

Panderans will finally be a playable race!

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Played it when it first released for around 6 month, was too much of an asian grind fest mmo for my personal liking.

http://tera-europe.com/

Tera is another asian game coming out soon but it has been westernized to require less of a grind and is an MMOARPG, where all of the abilities require you to aim, its not just another tab target auto attack game such as wow or even SWTOR

Sie

Gold Level Poster
its pretty fun and interesting to be honest im currently playing in the beta's since i pre ordered it and dont regret doing so at all, its very refreshing and fun instead of the generic tab target auto attack system :)

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
AION isn't as much of a grindfest anymore... at least so far I'm finding more quests for my level than I'm able to do and exp is dead easy despite not going for gold packet. The restrictions haven't affected me much yet, we'll see later on.

The visuals were somewhat disappointing to me. Graphical glitches, ancient game engine which has been ruined by adding features that weren't originally in it. (cryengine 1, which was used in Far Cry 1 years ago) Lots of beautiful scenes that would really benefit from a later game engine such as Cry2 or Cry3.

The game got a bit better with switching to 64-bit client, runs more smoothly.

Sie

Gold Level Poster
yea they've turned down the grind but its alittle late for that now, hence why it went f2p :p

PylinJ

Lol I think more than half of the YouTube community have seen the Aion video ads already, never played it myself but yeah most F2P RPG games are usually grind fests, no offence.