Anyone with a recent RMA? | After a month they send with the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yui-Hirasawa

That's a photo AFTER you cleaned it? You did an incredibly poor job then, the fan blades are covered in dust!

I'm really starting to think that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you just like moaning for the sake of it.
If I hope that's it

----
In another order of things, on the subject of the supposed 6-month guarantee in which they make me pay € 67 for it, in which that is illegal and when I asked about it in which part of European law it says that, no They are able to tell me nothing and only refer to their conditions, which can say mass about what the EU says. https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If I hope that's it

----
In another order of things, on the subject of the supposed 6-month guarantee in which they make me pay € 67 for it, in which that is illegal and when I asked about it in which part of European law it says that, no They are able to tell me nothing and only refer to their conditions, which can say mass about what the EU says. https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm
I think you’re getting confused somewhere here. PCS warranty is 3 years, far more than EU law. They add further cover for return to base on extended warranties.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to being 6 months? None of their terms are 6 months?

Unless you’re referring to the battery? If so that’s a consumable and consumables only carry 6 month warranty.

thomor

Bronze Level Poster
Well this thread doesn't fill me with hope for my recent RMA lol, but I'll let them deal with it since I'm done stressing over problems that I didn't cause. I'm not going to be as generous as the guy who sent it in 3 times for repair though, if it comes back to me with even a mere hint of a problem it will be instant refund and take my business elsewhere.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If I hope that's it

----
If your laptop is from October 2018 then it's 18 months old. Where is the 6 months coming from?

And please stop making unfounded accusations.

Yui-Hirasawa

I think you’re getting confused somewhere here. PCS warranty is 3 years, far more than EU law. They add further cover for return to base on extended warranties.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to being 6 months? None of their terms are 6 months?

Unless you’re referring to the battery? If so that’s a consumable and consumables only carry 6 month warranty.
Where in European law does it say that it is 6 months? pass me the law.

Yui-Hirasawa

What? Exactly my laptop is 18 months old, and therefore it still has a valid guarantee, because they want to make me pay for the battery when that is not legal? I'm telling you to pass me the law where its say they only have 6 months.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What? Exactly my laptop is 18 months old, and therefore it still has a valid guarantee, because they want to make me pay for the battery when that is not legal? I'm telling you to pass me the law where its say they only have 6 months.
On the contrary, it's up to YOU to provide proof of what you're claiming. The Terms and Conditions that you implicitly accepted when you bought from PCS says the following:

Laptop Batteries come with a maximum 6 month warranty, regardless of which warranty option is purchased.

That's because batteries are consumables, just like printer ink cartridges.

I'll warn you again, and for the last time; not to claim that PCS are acting illegally without proof.

barlew

Godlike
Whilst i agree that Yui-Hirasawa has agreed with the PCS T&C's it would appear their T&C's contradict the European 2 year legal guarantee. Now don't get me wrong i am not a legal expert but the EU seem to class the electronic product as the entire product they do not have a separate rule for the battery whether the manufacturer classes it as consumable or not appears to be irrelevant.

From reading the EU FAQ found here: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/faq/index_en.htm

If any part of that device fails due to fault in two years whether its the battery or not then it should legally be covered under his two year guarantee.

*Update* reading into it the EU warranty isn't really a warranty per se it just gives consumers legal recourse within 2 years if they believe their product was not fit for purpose or failed due to the product being faulty. As 6 months has passed the onus is now on the owner to prove that the product which has failed due to fault of the product and not of the owner. This would usually be done by having a recognised 3rd party write a technical report on the fault. If that Third party backs up the claim then its on the vendor to either accept the reports findings and either repair free of charge or offer a refund/partial refund. If they do not accept the claim then its off to the courts.

PCS saying batteries are only covered by 6 months would appear to still contradict European consumer law as they are a fundamental part of the system (and lets face it a battery should last much longer than 6 months) and if the battery ceases to work then the system does not work and therefore is covered by the two year guarantee. In my opinion batteries cannot be compared to consumables such as printer cartridges because when a printer cartridge runs out of ink it is not broken it has just operated correctly until it ran out of ink.

Now batteries do run eventually die through normal use which is why they can call them consumables and this is where the expert report comes in. If the owner has an expert opinion stating that the battery should indeed last longer than the 6 month period and that in their opinion it broke due to a fault then the European 2 year guarantee would appear to come into play.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
With the obvious exception of PCS employees I'm not going to allow any further discussion on the issue of the legality or otherwise of PCS's Terms and Conditions. This is not the place for those kinds of discussion, anyone who feels their legal rights have been infringed should take the appropriate legal action.

barlew

Godlike
With the obvious exception of PCS employees I'm not going to allow any further discussion on the issue of the legality or otherwise of PCS's Terms and Conditions. This is not the place for those kinds of discussion, anyone who feels their legal rights have been infringed should take the appropriate legal action.

Why would this not be the place?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Why would this not be the place?
It's perfectly acceptable to discuss the EU directives on consumer law, what's not acceptable is to then go on and give an opinion (legal or otherwise) on whether PCS's terms and conditions infringe those directives. That's not what these fora are for.

barlew

Godlike
It's perfectly acceptable to discuss the EU directives on consumer law, what's not acceptable is to then go on and give an opinion (legal or otherwise) on whether PCS's terms and conditions infringe those directives. That's not what these fora are for.

Ubuysa i respect that you are an admin on this forum but nowhere in this forums T&C's is that stated.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ubuysa i respect that you are an admin on this forum but nowhere in this forums T&C's is that stated.
The forum rules state quite clearly that..

We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

My intent is to prevent people making posts that we subsequently have to edit or remove.

barlew

Godlike
Fair play mate would you please remove or edit the T&C's found here as they are different:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Fair play mate would you please remove or edit the T&C's found here as they are different:

Certainly not, that post is from 2010. Things change. There is a link to the forum rules at the bottom of every page.

barlew

Godlike
I was surprised to wake up to an email this morning saying they just started working on my RMA issues. Seems like they have extended their work hours and are now working Saturdays and Sundays to cover the backlog.

That's good news mine went back for the 3rd time yesterday so hopefully it wont be too long.

Yui-Hirasawa

This is very shameless, it just came to me, and I have EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEMS I SENT THEM WITH. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING IN A MONTH THEY HAVE HAD THE LAPTOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.